29. Incriminating photos and confessions

So read... Some of you might Alex after this, some of you might have a burning itch to write a scathing comment, some of you might curse me... But, I just want to say, hello, life is full of mistakes we learn from. None of us are perfect. And Alex is not perfect. She is human, she is confused at times, she makes mistakes too. just as Logan would do. so go on. if you want to stop reading... 😔 That would immensely make me sad, but that is your right.

***

Life with you feels natural. Feels like it is supposed to be and yet, here we are, at the brink of falling and never getting back up. - Alexandra
~~~

29. Incriminating photos and confessions

(Alexandra)

Alex couldn't believe her eyes or her lips. Or the man --her friend-- now leaning over the table. And kissing her.

The hell. What the hell?

Oh God. Oh God. How could he be kissing her now? God. It was so wrong.

But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't move. It was the shock. It must be. She was freaking out, but she couldn't move. She was frozen in place. Her brain was frozen, as well.

Logan. Logan. He will never forgive me if I do this to him.

His name was ringing inside her like an echo, but Logan would not care. Would he? He would care that it was bad for his reputation, but would he care that another man loved her like a man loved a woman?

Leo's lips were still on hers, coaxing, pleading, begging. She could taste his hopelessness on her lips.

Pull away! Dammit, Alexandra. Do it.

But except knowing that this was totally wrong, she could do nothing. Of course, she wanted to move, but couldn't. Wouldn't. She was frozen. In time. In place. In chaos.

What is wrong with me? She thought. Move, stupid. Move away.

It was so wrong. It was so selfish. But for a moment, just this moment, she wanted to be selfish. She wanted to be inconsiderate. She wanted Leo's desperation. She wanted Leo's vulnerability. She wanted to thrive in his weakness. It meant... She wasn't the only one breaking.

Stop. Freaking stop this madness.

Leo was her friend. He had become someone she cared about in such short time and she couldn't hurt him.

Push him away. You can't do this to yourself, or Leo or Logan.

The moment felt like eternity, but her hands were finally, finally listening to her. And then there was a flash. Shit.

He looked forlorn, like she had kicked him in his gut. She wanted to hug him and say it was going to be alright. She knew he was going to be alright, but today he wasn't, neither was she.

"Stop." She said as she looked up into his azure blue eyes. They were like a cloudy sky. It made her heart break all over again, for him.

She stared at Leo, her hands pressed against his chest in warning. "Don't."

Her stomach was twisting and she wanted to puke. She wanted to puke all over herself. She felt disgusted and dirty, not because Leo had kissed her, but because she had wanted to use this, use his weakness to run away from herself, her weakness.