15. Envies, Charity Galas and fictions

The moment I see you and my whole world becomes bright. The smile on my lips feels weird. The beats of my heart start skipping. Do you know what this feeling is? - Logan

~~~

15. Envies, Charity Galas and fictions

(Alexandra)

He stopped in front of the mall Alex had wanted to go.

"Where to?"

"Follow me. They are totally awesome and the people there, not snobby like your friend."

"Yeah. Whatever." He said as they walked inside Leclange and Levitt. When he closed the door, a small bell chimed above them.

She had always liked that sound. It was like the sound of wind chimes, the ting ting, so pleasant on the senses. She smiled. She hadn't been here for so long.

She missed it, almost. The familiarity of this. Since she had lost her house, it was full of unfamiliar, unexpected things in her life and she loved this tinge of ordinary from her past.

The glass panels, the silver framed mirrors stacked against the walls, the mannequins wearing dresses and suits and tuxes, the metallic white shine... Everything gave the boutique that upper-class ambiance, but the prices were not so hurtful in the pockets, too and since Alex didn't want to waste too much of her father's money, she had always came here for her dresses shopping.

They had wonderful collections from up and coming designers, ranging from risky to traditional. And Alex loved their edgy outlook on various designs.

Betty, the manager of the boutique, gave her a welcoming smile before she noticed Logan and her eyes widened as she threw a look at Alex and winked obnoxiously. Oh, Betty Betty! Always easily swayed by the handsome men. 

"Hey girl." Betty said as Alex walked to her front desk. "Your guy is totally cute." She said and Alex shook her head with a Shh. It looked like Logan heard her. He smiled at her and gave Betty a wave. 

"Ohh God, that smile is illegal, I say, girlie." Betty said as she fanned herself. 

Alex chuckled as she looked at the woman fondly. She had known Betty for years and Betty had always been the one who couldn't stop herself from ogling men, especially not fine men like Logan.

But this time it didn't make her jealous like it did, when Pam had kissed him. This time she just laughed and waved at the woman in front of her, who looked like she wanted to take a bite of his deliciousness.

Sorry Betty. Better luck the next lifetime.

"Oh yes, he is." When he doesn't open his mouth. "And Betts, eyes on me. My man is off limits, okay." She meant it, too. She could look, alright, but she couldn't touch.

Oh, so now you are the one who can decide who he can touch and can't.

Yes. For a year, you pesky little voice. If you are me, why are you so annoying?

I am you and that is why!

"Ah, I get you. So how may I help you, milady?" Betty gave her a theatrical bow.