4. Friends, Rivals and Faking its

You pretend like you are made of granite. But when you are not trying, I can see the velvet in you. - Alex
~~~

4. Friends, Rivals and Faking its

(Alexandra)

"That blonde, he is my best friend and the other one... " Somehow she knew.

"Your Stacie's ex?"

"Not my Stacie, but yes."

"Oh, you are so dead." She said to him before she ate her ducks.

"And do you even care?"

"Oh, I do. I care very much about my duck."

"God. You are the most irritating creature I have ever come across."

"Thank you."

"That is not a compliment and shit, they are coming this way. Can't they see I am having dinner with a beautiful woman here?" She raised her eyebrows. Beautiful woman? He didn't look like he noticed what he had just said and Alex felt a strange tingle in her bones.

It was so weird -- these feelings rippling through her. She had never been attracted to anyone before. She didn't have a relationship more than four months and there were only one who could be remotely come anywhere closer to being called a boyfriend and she had stayed four months because she liked him, as a friend.
It wasn't like guys didn't find her attractive, but all those guys who asked her out, they all made her feel like she was somewhat sexless. Asexual. Like she couldn't feel it.

But with this one, it was all so much. Too much. The sensations. The weird feelings. The tingles and somersaulting intestines.

She had to be careful with him or she would soon be nursing a heartbreak. And she couldn't.

"Why are you freaking out? You are going to out yourself if you act like that." She said as she tried to put a stop to her thoughts. They were freaking her out.

"Now you are giving me lectures?"

"Grumpy." She poked her tongue out.

"How old are you? Two?"

"How old are you? Two hundred? Stop looking like you have just been caught smuggling stolen diamonds. Take a deep breath. Relax. Or it will all be over before it has even started."

"I didn't expect this. I was planning a perfect... " He trailed off, irked.

"But it happened. Now, we will see if you have really got game. Just smile and follow my lead."

"Your lead?"

"So you are going to lead?" She quirked her brows and he shook his head. God, he looked really pale. And as she looked at him, she realized how really important it was for him. But why? Why was it that important?

"No."

"Thought so. And now, smile, here they are."

"Logan, hey man, when did you come back from the conference? Why didn't you send me a text?"

"Hi Daniel. Hello Collins."

"Hey Forte."

Forte. Alex's head jerked up and Logan looked at her, his eyes wide. They seemed to be pleading with her.

'Don't mess this up.'

'I won't, but buddy, you have got some explaining to do. Logan Forte?'

'I will. Just not now.'

Ok, how are we doing it? Alex though as she shook her head.