16. Paybacks, save the dates and plans

Looking at the stars with you in the silence feel a thousand times better than anything I have ever done. It is more exhilarating than bungee jumping and paragliding. - Logan.

~~~

16. Paybacks, save the dates and plans

(Alexandra)

20th of July?

What the hell was he thinking? He wasn't thinking. Again. It seemed like Stacie had a strange effect on him or something.

He leaned closer to her as she stood there gaping and blinking. She couldn't still wrap her mind around the news --more like the bomb-- he had just dropped on her.

"Close your mouth. What happened to your acting skills, huh? On vacation? If you keep blinking, even I am going to start doubting my words." He whispered to her and placed a small kiss on her cheek. "Smile."

"It looked like you surprised her, Logan. I don't believe in any of this. This is all just a way to get back at me. Isn't it?" Stacie looked so smug. Her blonde hair was shiny, but her eyes were shinier. It gave Alex the creeps.

Stacie was a tall woman and she looked sexy in her dress, if Alex was honest to herself. The diamond in her throat glittered, and the deep red lipstick was done deeper. High cheek bone, model body, she was perfect. A perfect match to Logan, too.

Alex didn't think she was ugly or anything. In face, she knew she was beautiful. She loved herself the way she was, but truth be told, she was no Stacie. Stacie was all woman. Tall, sinewy and sexy with those blue eyes, which looked like it could read every one of your deepest and darkest secrets. Whoa!

But Logan, Logan wasn't looking at Stacie the way every other man was looking at her. His eyes were blank. No emotions there.

It made Alex feel a little bit better. Only a little. Because she knew even if he hadn't really loved her, he must have had seen something in her to date her for a year. That was not nothing.

And it made Alex feel... Something.

Jealousy. Envy. Possessiveness.

Thank you, you stupid voice. I know it.

"Everything is not about you, Stacie. You get it, right. It can not be all about you." Alex said as she snuggled closer to Logan. But it is. It is all about her. And that thought made her body cold with trepidation even when Logan's body was so warm next to her.

He put his hand on hers as if he could read how hard it was for her. He pressed his fingers to the inside of her palms and smiled at her.

"We will send you a card. Okay? Bye for now."

But Stacie wasn't ready to let them go. She looked determined. Her mouth was set stubbornly and Logan sighed next to Alex.

"You are not letting this go, are you?"

"I need to know the truth, Logan. I am not that easily dispensable. I am not." She looked frustrated. If Alex knew any better, she was sure Stacie was going to make a scene any time now and Alex wasn't ready for that. She didn't want that.