3. Kisses, motels and adventures

"I look into your green eyes with a hint of golden stardust in them and somehow I know this is such a big mistake. But I want to do this mistake. With you." - Logan

(Alexandra)

"Yes?" She couldn't believe herself. Was she really saying yes. Yes, it seemed so.

He was stubborn and if she said no, he would go and find someone else. Why miss an opportunity just because she wanted to be morally strong. Her bankruptcy wasn't going to go away just because she was all that.

People had always been selfish to her so that they would get what they want and it was okay if she wanted to be a little selfish. She had to be.

It was dangerous living alone in the motel and she was afraid of staying and being hungry. She had never in her life felt that. Hunger.

Now she knew how cruel it was, to not have anything to eat when your stomach was tearing itself from the inside out.

In the past, for her every birthday she had gone to Soup Kitchens with her dad to feed the homeless people, but she did it because she was kind. But now that she understood what it was like to feel hunger, and if she ever get to do it again, she would do it because she knew how much it hurt.

After Logan paid, they walked outside and Logan had a big smile on his face. He was really cute when he smiled.

"Stop smiling like that." She grumbled.

"I am just happy."

"Oh, the whole world can see that." She said as she looked up.

It was almost dark. It was that time when the light and darkness would meet at the edges and create a truly magical experience.

"Look at the sky. I love twilight hours. They always feel like they carry magic and that all good things will just be at this hour. It is the mix of hope and dejection, with a promise of more hope to come."

"Beautiful."

"Huh?"

"The sky." He said.

And it was. It was so beautiful and he was just as beautiful, too, and he looked like magic.

Tall. Dark. Handsome. Like a prince. If she wasn't so jaded these days, if she was the Alex of the past, she would have thought he was her own prince coming in charging in his Audi --or BMW or whatever car he had--, to save her.

She closed her eyes and smiled wistfully. How she wanted to be that Alex, who wore a rose tinted glasses to see the world.

But right now, this world, the whole world was naked to her, without any mask and it was so real. It was sad that this was real.

With men trying to live the next day without dying of hunger or cold, praying they get some money for another day and men trying to get married for they had a plan and could pay an insane amount for revenge to a stranger.

What a world! So full of contrasts!

"You look so sad." He whispered closer to her and she blinked up at him as he kissed her. "Don't be. You can not save the whole world."

How could he read her like that?

"I know and what is that?" She huffed and tried not to touch the place he just kissed. It tingled and she was feeling strange feelings. "Keep your lips to yourself." She gave him a glare.

"It is just an innocent kiss. The most bland one I have ever given anyone that young. I kiss my grandma like that all the time. No need to get all huffy and puffy." He said with irritation.