18. Rings, promises and meetings

What I would give to have you look at me like the way I look at you. - Alex

~~~

18. Rings, Promises and Meetings

(Alexandra)

Alex rubbed her eyes as she blearily walked inside the kitchen, hiding a huge yawn behind her palm. Her hair was sticking up in all the direction and her crumpled pajama looked like it had seen better years. Oh, it was, but it was also her favorite one. It was the last on she had bought when she went out to shopping with her dad. Whenever she missed him, she would put it on and it was most of the times and so the pajama had become worn out and faded, but she couldn't throw it away.

"Aren't you ready yet?" Logan stared at her with a frown. "God, Alex, we don't have time and we still have so much to do with the wedding." He looked impatiently at his watch. "We are kind of short on time, you know." And then he looked her up and down, his eyes squinty. "And what is that you are wearing?"

She groaned. She was feeling sleepy and head achy and she was not particularly in the mood to listen to one of Logan's infamous lectures. Not today.

Her head was pounding and if she didn't do anything about that right now, it was going to burst. She pressed her fingers against her cheeks and frowned at him.

He looked fresh as early morning snow and irritated her. In his crisp suit and neatly combed hair and pristine shoes, he looked like he was going to walk the runway this early in the morning and that was just not right. She looked like she just walked out of a garbage bin and she almost smelled like it too.

"You remember the one who just randomly blurt out a date to taunt Stacie? I am sure that blabbermouth is not me. Do you know who it is?" She said as she narrowed her eyes at him. "And this is a pajama, dumbhead."

"Oh, come on. Can't you just stop being your annoying self for today and nobody in their right mind would call it that."

She yawned again and shook her head. "Whatever, Logan. If you really want to lecture someone today, there is a lizard renting our pool house. It was peeping at me the other day."

It really was a very ugly lizard and it felt like it was staring at her when she was swimming.

"Haha. Very funny."

"What? You don't do that anymore? I mean you were once famous for lecturing a mouse."

"Oh, but I am the one who rented the pool house to Willie --that is the lizard. So I am not going to lecture him and, Lex, I know you are afraid of him, but he is such a standup guy, darling." He had a cheeky smile on, that made the side of his eyes crinkled and his grey eyes looked more light blue as they shone with humor and she loved the sight of them too much.

She rubbed her eyes. "You think you are funny?" She asked as she yawned again and staggered. He grabbed her by her arm and pulled her flush against his body and she wanted to snuggle in.

Remember about the boundaries. She told herself.

Oh, yes. I do remember, but... Just for a moment, I want to cuddle with him and forget it all. It was someone inside her, and this part of her was her own enemy.