5. Mansions, hot guys and almost kisses

"Sometimes, I see you puttering around my kitchen and sometimes, you are sitting in my chair with a book on your hands, and I feel like you belong right here, in my home." - Logan.

(Alexandra)

Oh, his house was big. Like mansion big. It stood majestically, proud and unashamed, just like its owner, surrounded by thick trees and neatly trimmed bushes.

Flowers bloomed in the bushes, adding their scent to the night air. She could hear the sound of water from somewhere as she stepped out of his car, and the sound was so calming in the night.

"Where is that sound coming from?"

He stepped out from the car and came to stand beside her. "From the pool house."

"Whoa. You have a pool house. Okay, I am warning you now, if you can't find me in the house, you should know that I will be right there." She said as she walked to the pool house.

The pool house was big, too. Green grass carpeted the lawn before it lead to a massive pool with aqua blue water. It glinted in the moonlight and Alex was mesmerized by the sliver of moon 🌙 reflected in the cool water.

A marble statue of a tall woman stood in the side, gently offering water to the pool from a big bowl in her hands.

"God, this is like the most amazing pool house I have ever seen."

"You have seen your share of pool houses, didn't you?" He asked as he leaned against wall. In the shadows, he looked tall and dangerous.

She stiffened before she turned back to him.

He sighed. "You are not telling me anything, yet. And you know everything about me."

She silently toed her shoes off and sat down outside the pool, dipping her toes inside the cool water and instantly felt her body relax.

What a day! And it was just a day.

It was like a rollercoaster ride and her head was spinning, but as she sat there, she felt pleasantly thrilled.

She could hear him walking towards the pool. He sat down next to her and looked at her with his eyebrows pinched together. "It was that bad." It was not meant to be answered.

She shrugged.

"This is beautiful. It feels like I can finally relax here."

"I always love this place at night. Kind of away from the hustle and bustle of the life. Alone. Secluded. And private. Mine."

"Now I am here to intrude. Do you mind?"

"Strangely, no." He smiled. "I mean, I should mind, but I don't know why I didn't. This is nice. Wait." He stood up and when he was back, he had a glass of lemonade in his hand.

"Lemonade? Really?"

"Just close your eyes and take a sip and you will know why."

She did as he said and she moaned. It was cool on her tongue, it was yummy. Sweet and tangy, the perfect mix. She took another sip and smiled. "Who made this? It is the perfect portion of everything."

"I did."

"You have to teach me how to make that sometimes."

"Not going to happen. A guy can't divulge all his secrets, now can he?"

"I see what you did right there, Logan Forte. I see that."

"Good." He chuckled and the sound was like warm honey pouring through her bones. It warmed her and soothed her.