11. First jobs, meetings and real identities

You are both my dreams and nightmares. It is bizarre. - Alex

~~~

11. First jobs, meetings and real identities

(Alexandra)

She was stoked to meet her very first client and she was bouncing on her toes as she waited for Logan to get going already. She was full on coffee and nervousness.

She wore her black skirt and a suit she had bought for a presentation back in her college days, which she had worn only once in her life, and braided her hair down her back to make herself look mature and dependable. A little bit of lip gloss and she was done.

She wondered if Mathilda Shine would agree to take on a first-timer to redecorate her house, but Alex was prepared to blow Mathilda's mind off. She had so many plans and ideas buzzing in her head, and if she waited any longer, she was going to explode. Kaboom.

She looked at her watch and then at the stone of a man sitting in the couch, unmoving. His lips were pursed thin as his eyes scanned the paper.

He was reading the newspaper like the whole of the Universe's secret was hidden somewhere inside it.

What if she was late? She pushed a lock of her hair back as she tapped her shoes on the floor. Tap. Tap. Tap.

The man was deaf, as well.

She looked again at her watch. Was this watch made of snail?

He is getting his revenge for yesterday. That must be it. Alex thought with a frown.

It wasn't her fault that he just couldn't take a joke and had to be all so intense and serious, so damn much, all the time.

She still couldn't believe this was the man who had come to her and asked her to be his fake wife. He must have been pretty desperate that day.

Andy and Brian was fighting for her and that was when Logan had said something no one had expected then. It was as if he was really competing against his nephews or something. Alex was still befuddled when she thought about that.

"She is marrying me. You two, go get your own women." He had said as he crossed his arms across his chest and stared at his two nephews.

After that it was chaos. Pure mental.

Everyone was trying to talk over one another and Alex sat there, her mouth half opened in a gasp that she didn't finish. Couldn't. She was so bewildered to properly form a response. Even if she could, what would she say?

"Logan? What?" She stuttered after ten minutes of ensuing madness.

He shrugged. Shrugged. Really?

"Did you kind of blurt it out?" Emma had asked him, then and Eliza threw a towel at his face. "Moron."

"Where is your romance? I am almost ashamed to call you my brother." Emma tched and Logan glared at her.

"Shut up, Em."

"I am sure she is probably saying no." This was Eliza.