Love is love.

We left school and I didn't want to go there. I reached school and went to my locker to take my stuff and when I was walking to my class, I saw Sebastian coming on the opposite side.

He came closer to me and whispered

"look who's here, the faggot's back!"

After that I don't know what happened it all happened in a blink of a second, I couldn't control the anger inside, he was the cause of all this, he ruined what I thought I had for a lifetime, I lost everything because of HIM. I pushed him down and pinned him down on the floor.

"You ruined everything you son of a bitch!" I shouted

and started beating the him, and somehow it was satisfying, I got more aggressive with every punch until I broke his nose and it started bleeding everywhere, I didn't care I was about to punch him again which would've caused him to pass out, but I felt someone pull me back with so much force, I immediately recognized that touch, I didn't turn to face him, I know that I couldn't. I tried to free myself but he was holding me strong. Jace tried to hold me as well I couldn't break free.

"You bastard!! I won't let you get away this easily." I shouted

"Alexander! Are you out of your mind, why would you do something like this?" It was Magnus, I turned to look at him and was taken aback, he looked so different, no colours, no glitter, and no makeup, I could say that he's been crying his eyes were still swollen, I couldn't stand to watch him any longer.

"What do you care?" I tried to speak with a harsh tone and freed myself and walked away. I saw Sebastian holding a cloth on his nose to control the bleeding, he gave me a small glance before walking away.

It took me a few seconds to process what just happened, I didn't know what I was doing, I went to my class and during lunch break the head of school walked towards me

"Alec lightwood?" he asked

"yah?" I replied

"come to my office now." He replied and left, I saw Magnus staring from the other end of the corridor.

"Shit!" I mumbled and went to his room. When I went there he had told me to wait. A few minutes later my mom came in. oh great! This could not get any worse.

"Now Mrs.Lightwood please take a seat we have to discuss about something that your son has done." He called my mom and told my mom of what I did, from the way her shoulders were set I could tell that she was tensed.

only after he told, I knew that Sebastian had gone to hospital since it cannot be treated here in the school dispensary.

"I'm sorry, this will not happen again,  I have no idea why Alec did this but if you don't mind Alec won't be coming to school for the next week, he needs time." My mom told although she didn't know anything.

"I think that can be arranged please do take care of him, thank you Mrs.Lightwood," he said

We got up and left, I got my bag from class and made my way to the car. Why did she ask for a break? I still don't understand. By the time I reached the car almost a hundred questions popped.

I sat in the front, beside my mother and wore my seat belt. She started the car and 10 minutes later I realized that we were not going home, neither of us spoke till now so I knew she had been waiting for me to start the conversation.

"Hey mom! Where are we going?" I asked her.

"before that I think I deserve an explanation." She told firmly.

And I started telling everything to her from the very beginning, obviously I tried to keep an expressionless face while narrating but I couldn't, after a point I started crying and told her everything, when I was done she parked the car under a tree and pulled me in for a hug. I relaxed immediately under her strong yet gentle arms. I placed my face on her shoulders as I sobbed softly.

"Oh Alec, I can't believe your father would do that to you. That bastard!" my mom told and I looked up and saw her eyes shining with tears.

"Alec I have to tell you something I know now is not the time to burden you with this but Robert is cheating on me, it's over between us." She told, and when I heard that, I felt my anger raising, my mom is the best woman a man can ever get. I always thought my mom was too much for my dad. I can't believe he did this. I put my arms around her as tears slowly rolled down her tender cheeks. After a few minutes when both of us calmed down she told more about Robert and how she found out, she also told me not to tell Izzy and Jace, it was her secret to tell anyways, then she began...

"Alec, straight or not you are my son and I will love you just the same and it doesn't matter because love is love." She told as she ran her hands through my hair in a very motherly and protective way.

"I promise you Alec, I will not let Robert do anything to you, and also about Magnus...I don't know if you want to listen to it but, I don't think he's really sure about what he's doing I mean he is clearly confused. Alec I know he'll come back to you for sure and when he does promise me you will not let him down." She said and I was clearly surprised by that statement, but at the same time I also knew that she was right.

"Yes mom, I promise." I told her

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyyy guys!! not a great chapter, I know but just bear with me, I'll try to make the next chapter better. Make sure you vote and comment love you all, stay happy:)

-Vaishali