Math project

Alec's pov

The next few days went by, with me and magnus clearly avoiding each other I know that this isn't a serious thing we should be over this thing by now..but I just can't let go.

I enter math class to find only one seat free which is NEXT TO MAGNUS!?!? it had to happen ughh!! I just walked over and sat next to him without daring to look at him.  The class had begun and the teacher started talking about our first math project that needs to be taken seriously and blah blah blah..Then she told about how these projects should be done in pairs, I was about to call maia but..

"This year I shall be choosing your partners to make sure that all of you gets a chance to know everyone." she went on by randomly writing two role numbers on the board and those two people become pairs, Maia got someone else which means I'm going to have someone else as my partner. She wrote another pair of numbers in which my no. was there, I stood up and guess who stood up as well MAGNUS freaking BANE!!!!! 'oh great..it had to be him' .

I turned around to look at him, he just saw me and gave a little smile 'i swear i felt my heart stop for a second'. We both knew that we had to put everything behind and work along for the project. Ms. Lovelace gave the rest of her hour to discuss with our partners about the project. which means I have to talk to magnus..

"um..hey" he said it first, my heart was racing so fast but I had to keep it together

"uh-heyy..so-um..how have you been?..it's..it's been a long time.." 'I stuttered...ughh- I hate myself'

"yahh..good"he replied.'oh great can this conversation get any weirder?!'

"so umm..why don't you come over to my place so that we can work on the project?" I asked him hoping i didn't sound like an idiot.

"Sounds great!" 'okkk..this went smoother than i thought."

later that day.

Magnus's pov

Out of all the people in the class it had to be Alexander!! 'not that i'm complaining--oh god what am i thinking i shouldn't let him distract me i should focus on my career..just a project then that's it."

we went directly from school to his home because we both wanted this project to be done with as soon as possible. Both of us were really silent during our way back to his home we just walked back because it was just a 10 minute walk. Alec and I just exchanged few glances on our way, he even smiled a little 'god he's so beautiful-ugh-why can't I push these thoughts away!!!'.

we reached his home he had a beautiful house to be honest..anyways we went inside.

"so um..this is my home"he said shyly 'aww he's so cute' I thought to myself

"you have a lovely home Alexander" at that he smiled 'ok!! this is going to be hard'

"thanks..so umm meet my sister izzy and my brother Jace and that little guy is Max my youngest brother." he said with a lovely grin 'he must really love his siblings.'

Everyone greeted me, I already knew izzy and Jace but it has just been to long since I saw them also I don't speak to them much. Later me and Alec went to his room.

"Sorry my room's a mess, hope you don't mind" he said

"As long we're working fine on the project it shouldn't trouble me" i replied with a smile

"so..where do you want to start?" he asked 'but I was too busy staring into his blue eyes I didn't care to respond..it's like I can fall into them it's so gorgeous..but my thoughts were broken by..'

Magnus?

MAGNUS!!!!

"uhh-yah..umm..sorry..you were saying?"'oh great now I just creeped him out'

"I was asking if  we could start by brainstorming both our ideas" he answered a little bit annoyed.

"yahh..sure"

About two hours later we finished our "brainstorming" our ideas, after which both of us were extremely exhausted so we decided to take a break. Both of us got a little comfortable around each other, since neither of us bought that topic in. We were currently sitting in his room by his study table..next to each other.

"so..how's your life.. I mean it's been a year since we spoke" he began

"umm..yah it's been great..I finally decided to pursue dance like I used to tell..but my father also wanted me to take up a business course in case of unexpected events.."

"yahh I remember you telling me that..also I think it's better to be careful, I mean your a great dancer but it's always fine to be a little careful about everything." he replied smiling.

"you know you should smile more often..it looks good on you." His cheeks turned red but he managed to keep a straight face and reply "thanks..I guess?"

After a few more minutes of talking I realized I was late and my father might worry so I decided to leave.

"hey i gotta go my father will be worried..he doesn't really like me being late." I admitted

"yahh sure..besides we have worked a lot today." he replied.

"Also can I have your number? " i asked him

"yah sure" he replied and took my phone to add his number.

"You don't want mine?"i asked

"No thanks I already have yours" he answered 'he still has my no.? I can't believe he still has it'

"oh...ok then bye"

"Bye magnus" he replied.

I went back home, I got refreshed and then went to sleep with my last thought about how wonderful my day has actually been.

Alec's pov

I can't believe I just said "No thanks I already have yours". I probably weirded him out- like who says that-ohh god..

Even though it's been only 5 mins since magnus left I already miss him..I just-I don't know-I don't understand my feelings for him it's so complicated I wish I can talk to someone-oh yahh right how can I talk to someone if I haven't even come out to my own siblings yet-it's hard I don't know how they'll react so for now i've decided to stay in the closet.

I slowly drifted off to sleep with my last thought of Magnus's amber eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyy there people!! we saw that coming didn't we? I know a few things are not clear especially the past that malec had shared but don't worry ya'll it'll all be clear in the next few chapters. hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter love you all :) make sure you vote for this and comment down below you views.