Dance competition

Present:

Magnus's pov:

I am so excited for the upcoming dance competition, today is the last day to enroll and I'm going to win this!

I walk up to the registration center in our school and fill out the form and hand over the form to the person there and payed my registration fee, with that I walked back to my class.

(time skip)

My last class was English, which means I'll have to see alec...I walked in and found alec sitting with Maia, there was a place behind alec, so I went and sat there.

Alec's pov:

The teacher still hasn't arrived, and I saw magnus arrive and he sat right behind me. I think I should talk to him, maybe he just didn't talk to me properly because he was busy..

"heyy!!" I turned to face magnus. 'How on earth does he manage to look so beautiful every time'

"hi." He replied with a small smile and a flat voice

"I heard you enrolled for the dance competition, all the best, I'm sure you will win."I told him exicited.

"Thanks alec." Was all he replied, I thought it would of no use if I push him further to talk with me, so I just faked a smile and turned back, just as our english teacher Ms.Branwell walked in so I just started to pay attention to the class, not that I was able to, all I could think about was magnus.

Magnus's pov

Alec doesn't deserve this, I could see the hurt clearly on his blue eyes when I didn't respond properly, but he managed to smile which I could tell was fake, and he just turned around. I feel so bad for doing this-ughh-I hate myself..

(time skip)

First round:

Today is the first round of our competitions, I am so excited!!! I did weeks of practice for this, hope they all pay off.

Right now I'm in the back stage along with my dad and the other competitors, waiting for them to begin the competition. To be honest I've never been so nervous, my heart's beating so fast I might die of panic attack.

"hey buddy you okay??" It was my dad.

"yahh..I guess."I replied.

"your sweating and you hands are shaking, what happened??"he asked me worriedly.

"I don't know dad what if I don't make it?"I asked him.

"Magnus you're one of the best dancers I've ever seen, you will be able to do it trust me no... trust yourself."

"thanks dad." I replied.

I looked at the people around me, few groups of dancers rehearsing their steps wearing the same costumes, a few dancers alone like me, warming up and loosening their bodies before dance,I even saw people from my own school Sebastian and his group were there as well, I heard they're all extremely good dancers. All of them looked so confident so did I, I put in a lot of effort and I'm not going to lose this because of fear. I've got this!

the competition had begun, they started calling all the participants one by one, I heard the crowed cheering, for some louder than the other. Later Sebastian and his team went to the stage, after them it was me which made me really nervous. When their dance got over the crowd cheered so loudly that it gave me chills, it means that their performance was really good, but I had be better.

"Next participant Magnus Bane please come on to the stage." they called

I got up and walked towards the stage and just before I entered my dad touched my shoulders and I turned around and saw my dad.

"you've got this mags! go there and give your best."He said

"Thanks dad I will."I replied with some confidence and then entered the stage.

As soon I entered the anchor wished me luck and left the stage, I walked up to the center of the stage and looked up, the lights blinded me, but I could still see little figures in the other side eagerly waiting and in the center I found the judges sitting nodding at me with a smile, I returned the smile and then the song had begun, my dance portrayed 'hope'. As the song began I started to move unconsciously with the music, I let the song control my body,mind and soul and moved my body with a flow moving them in all direction, I felt the rhythm of my heart beat match with the beat of the music.  And when I was done I looked up faced the audience, at first there was no response then the crowd erupted with cheering and shouting, the judges looked pleased as well.

"That was an incredible performance, I don't think the judges or the people will ever forget this dance." the anchor told as she made her way back to stage.

"thank you." I mouthed her and gave her a smile and walked back to the back stage where I found my father waiting outside. He ran up to me and gave me a hug and told me that I did really great, honestly it meant a lot. They'll announce the results in an hour so we had to wait.

An hour later.

the results were announced and I cleared the first round, I was so happy but I also knew that this was just the beginning and I need to put more effort for the forthcoming rounds, the next round is in a few days and I have to practice more for that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyy guys, I am really sorry for not updating for a while I'll try to update them more regularly also did you guys like this chapter?? If you did make sure you vote and comment on this. Also should I write more about Alec's life as well cuz I feel like I don't talk a lot about Alec's life other than magnus..make sure you comment on that as well also thank you for the 275 readss!! I'm so happy ya'll..love you all stay happy:)

love,

-Vaishali