The finale- Part 2

Alec's pov

The competition had begun and Magnus was still in the back stage, There are four finalists so it's not going to go on for a long time. The first performance was over and a few minutes later I saw Magnus's dad entering he had a place reserved for him, which a next to mine. Great. He came over and was a little surprised to see that I was sitting there but regardless he didn't show that in his face and gave a me a small smile, he settled down.

"Umm, hey did Magnus's performance come yet?"

"Not yet Mr. Bane" I replied, hoping he didn't ask the next question.

"So why are you here?"

"uhh-me-uh I came here to umm...s-see-came here along with sister because her boyfriend is playing in the band." I stuttered nervously 'Thank god that was a close one'

"ohh ok." He smiled.

Izzy sitting next to me shot a glance at me and turned her attention back to the stage as Magnus's name was being called.

Magnus's pov

I heard my name being called and I went up to the stage, the white lights brighter than ever, was blinding me which was a good thing because I couldn't clearly see the audience. I walked up to center, a small cross mark was made there to make it easier for people, I went up there and stood exactly at the center and looked up at the judges who were sitting straight facing me. They nodded as a gesture to tell me to begin, I nodded back and looked down. I was not nervous at all, my dad tells me that confidence is an unconquered army and right now it was coursing through my veins, I could feel my heart beat rising as the adrenaline rushed through my body. The whole place was eerily silent with the audience waiting for the dance to begin.

The song had began and I looked up, I moved swiftly along with the music. I closed my eyes and let the music take control over my body. I moved every muscle on my body along with the rhythms. I let my heart pour out all the emotions I have been holding inside. Love. The love I have for dance, the love I wanted to give my mother, I love I give my father and finally the love I have for Alexander. I poured them all out in form of dance, I put in a lot of energy and moved my body in every possible direction and finished my dance with my signature spin at the end. Once I was done I looked up and touched my cheeks and they were wet, I didn't even realize that I had cried during the dance.

The crowd erupted with cheers and applause, the white lights had dimmed and I looked down and I think what I saw was a pair of ocean blue eyes staring right into mine, but because it was dark I couldn't really be sure and since I was the last dance they had called all of the other finalists to the stage.

The anchor had began talking and simon's band 'THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS' had started playing a song while the judges where discussing about the winner. I was waiting there and my dad joined me, he jogged towards me and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug and I saw tears glistening at the corner of his eyes.

"You were amazing Magnus, I don't care if you win or lose this but I know that you've given your best. I'm so proud of you Mags, your mom would've been proud as well." He said. I've never in my life heard my dad speak like this, and obviously I haven't been used to this so I didn't know how to reply, I mean he had never told anything like this about my mom.

"Thanks dad, it means a lot." I replied with a genuine smile on my face.

The band had finished playing their song and everybody went back to their places which means that they are going to announce the winners. I was all confident in the whole dancing part but somehow this was more nerve-wracking. You could feel the stress in the air, the whole atmosphere was filled with tension. The anchor stared announcing. She announced the fourth place and the 2nd runners up. They only people remaining were me and sebastian's group.

"Now let's announce the winner first...and the winner of junior dance championships 2019 goes to...5,4,3,2...1 and the winner is Magnus bane!!"

Once she announced it I could feel the time stop the crowd shouted but all I could here was muffled screams because right now I was completely blank. My dad hugged me and congratulated me and they gave a huge trophy for winning, along with a medal. The room was filled with mixed emotions of satisfaction, disappointment, happiness and more. the awarded the 2nd runners up as well and people started leaving, I told my dad to leave although he insisted to drive me home, I told I'll come home but I have to inform people about this and also I need some time alone, he didn't completely agree but he left anyways, after almost everybody left I saw alec run to me and he threw himself around me and kissed me fiercely and when we parted for air...

"Magnus I'm so proud of you, you were amazing out there, you were perfect, I love you so much." He was almost screaming on the top of his voice filled with excitement.

"I love you too Alec, and now I can finally spend more time with you." I replied smiling.

"yahh." He replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyy guyss!!! hope ya'll like this chapter make sure you vote and comment, love you all stay happy:)

love,

-Vaishali