Expect the paper I picked up was actually interesting, How to Unbind a Soul from the Underworld.

"You've been researching?

"Yes," He drew slowly, "I saw you just gave up and I felt bad so I decided to help."

I frowned and set down the paper, "Does it seem that way? Like I just gave up?"

"You seemed depressed. I know how depression can feel so I decided to help."

Tears welled in my eyes and I sniffled, "Thank you."

This time different flowers bloomed around us filling the air with a sweet scent. I stared at the paper and read it, a small frown forming on my face. My hope slowly diminished at the words.

"Wait the only way for me to get out is drowning in the river of Lethe?"

Hades slowly nodded, "Thats the only way I could find so far. The place in Posideons lair was pointless."

Like my life.

Seriously?!?

THE ONLY WAY I CAN GET OUT IS BY DROWNING MYSELF!

I swear the fates truly hate me. There better some kind of life-altering lesson at the end of all this.

I shouldn't be upset. I mean there are people in this world who have it way worse than me. The people in the Underworld weren't bad at all.

Nothing bad (besides getting bit by a giant snake and swallowed by the ground) has happened to me. Hades and the crew have gone out of their way to take care of me and ensure I felt at home.

And all I have been is selfish and most likely bratty.

As I came to the realization of how awful of a person I was I broke down into tears once again.

Expect these tears were not happy--like at all. I turned and looked at Hades who looked upset and sad.

"Don't b-be upset. You're doing a really really really good job." I cried, "It's me, not you."

Before Hades could say anything I stood up, walked around the desk, and wrapped my arms around him.

"Your the bestest bestie ever." I pouted.

"You're never drinking again."Hades murmured. He patted my arm before slowly removing me from him, "Why don't you take a small nap, and then when your sober we can talk about everything."

"Okay." I threw myself down on his fluffy rug and curled into a ball.

"I meant in your bed."

Completely ignoring him, I grabbed his arm and roughly tugged him down to my level. He grunted his lanky body hit the ground.

"I said you, flower. Not me."

"I know. Just shut up and lay down."

At first, he didn't move. But slowly he lowered himself down into a laying position and got comfortable.

Like an inchworm I scooted closer to his face and wiped my tears.

"Hello?" Hades questioned as he looked at me.

"Why are you so pretty? I feel like it's unfair to be so pretty." I murmured as I traced his jaw and his nose.

My eyes were growing heavy and could slowly feel the drinks taking their full effect.

I could do this for a lifetime. It wouldn't be so bad.

The last thing I heard before I dozed off was Hades softly saying, "Your not too bad yourself, flower."

8/24/202058/1

8/24/2020
58/1