Chapter 99

At night, Sheng Hong rested himself in Wang shi's room. As the maid helped him take off his coat, Wang shi kept babbling about Qin shi's visit today.

"... That lady is gentle and elegant with no sign of arrogance at all. You know, all her words made sense and sounded reasonable. Unlike that vulgar woman, Scholar Wen's mother who only talked rubbish. Alas... I have to say that Sixth Lady is the luckiest girl!" As Wang shi was saying that, she took over the Green Ruyao cup and handed it to Sheng Hong, "Here, it's the Maojian Tea presented by Old Madam Qin. Master, you should try this."

After changing into the casual clothes, Sheng Hong said, "Old Madam also favors this kind of tea, don't keep it all to yourself." It was not that Sheng Hong had to offend Wang shi like this, but she did have records of keeping things all to herself.

Hearing his words, Wang shi felt a bit disturbed, then she said with a pout, "Master, what are you talking about? I'm not a young and innocent girl. Half of the tea has already been left in the Hall of Peaceful Ages. I only saved the rest for the children and you."

Sheng Hong nodded slightly and took over the cup. Having taken a sip of the tea, he praised with his face beamed with delight, "Nice tea. I wonder if the tea which is presented to the emperor would taste this good."

"Gosh. Sixth Lady now doesn't need to worry about her future anymore. But my poor Rulan still has to serve a rude mother-in-law." Wang shi complained at the other side of the table while touching the gold and jade ring on her finger with an anxious expression on her face. As she was pitying Rulan's fate, she also didn't forget to speak highly of Qin shi's good virtue.

The more Wang shi thought about Qin shi's goodness, the more she despised Old Madam Wen's boorish behavior. And the more Wang shi despised Old Madam Wen, the more she admired Qin shi. Being terribly upset, Wang shi just couldn't shut her mouth right now. However, Sheng Hong who sat beside her only drank the tea without commenting anything.

"Master, say something!" After rambling for a long while, Wang shi finally found that she was the only one who was talking and her husband had ignored her words the whole time. So she couldn't help but shout, "Why don't you feel worried about Rulan, are you her father or not?"

Sheng Hong put down the cup slowly and turned around to look at Wang shi while the latter also tilted her body to listen to him with attention. Then Sheng Hong said, "You have to be very cautious when you communicate with this Old Madam Qin afterwards. Save half of your words... no, save most of your words when you talk to her. You have to watch out for this woman so as not to regret in the future."

Wang shi felt strange and asked with her eyes wide open, "Why should I do that? I see her a really nice person. Master, you haven't even seen her. Why did you say that? Why would I regret it?"

Sheng Hong stroked his moustache and shook his head, saying, "I don't need to see her. Since you recognized her a nice person, then she must be a sophisticated woman."

Wang shi was still utterly confused, but she had a slight feeling that her husband had been mocking her. Then she said in a loud voice, "What are you talking about, master?!"

It seemed that Sheng Hong was in a good mood. He chuckled, "When we were in Quan Prefecture, you and Zhifu's wife were like best friends. Then, later on, you two clashed over something and you have cursed her at home for almost two hours. And do you still remember your closest friend Pingning Junzhu in Deng Prefecture? How's the relationship between the two of you right now? If the Buddhist abbot hasn't persuaded you, you would have used a Voodoo doll to curse her! Do I even need to mention your sister? After the two of you have met again after a long separation, you never stopped praising her and urged me to help her. And now? You have almost ripped her skin off... Haha, my dear wife, I have already seen through you. All the women that you favored would definitely become your enemies afterwards. So why don't you take some precautions first?!"