Chapter 5

That night's dialog was definitely to question Lady Lin's guilt but the topic did not know when has become crooked. Lady Lin became the plaintiff from the defendant. Above-mentioned case from investigating Concubine Wei's cause of death subtly became an investigative follow-up of the case of the legitimate wife persecuting the concubine.

The change in the course of events was faintly discernible, as if an antelope hung in the corner, not a trace to be found and the audience unknowingly got caught into it. In fact, Lady Lin did not accuse Wang shi of any crime when listening superficially but her every word seems to hint at something. Even Yao Yiyi who was the accustomed expert to the courts, listening and listening, felt like Wang shi has wronged her and set a false charge on her.

Lady Lin's play of dying very quickly had its desired effect, Comrade Sheng Hong stopped his punishment. In addition, the next day he went to Concubine Lin's place to sit for a little while. Concubine Lin dismissed everyone and gave a five coloured kiln cup with a lid to Sheng Hong to steep his strong Tieguanyin tea, exactly the way Sheng Hong's usually likes to fight the heat. Again, Concubine Lin dressed in a frail moon white thin silk jacket, her beautiful hair only has a tiny plain silver flower silk hairpin inserted. Indeed pitiful in all aspects and delicate like the flower. Even when he first came in with extreme anger, it has declined by half.

"Yesterday at Madame's place, I gave you some face. According to your words, Concubine Wei's death, you actually do not have the least bit of responsibility?" Sheng Hong coldly said. He is at least considered to be one that has rolled about in officialdom, in any case still remembered what he came to do.

Concubine Lin's teardrops glistening "Master gave me face, how can I not know. Master came to speak with this concubine alone today, this concubine just simply openly speak out. That Concubine Wei is invited by Madame for Master. Before that, Madame one after another came out with Concubine Xiang and Concubine Ping. For what purpose it is, the whole household up and down understands, simply because she sees that Master love me, pity me and Madame is unhappy. By myself, I have little power in this household and usually there is no one to talk that I actually can talk to. If I do not put some capable and reliable people at my side, I do not know others will destroy me. I am not important but I cannot allow Little Boy Feng and Little Girl Mo suffer hardships. That is why the door is closed firmly, clearing myself, do not come into contact generally, it is to protect myself, safe and sound. That night when Concubine Wei had an accident, I indeed had selfish motives and was unwilling to care but to say I deliberately want to harm her life, it is really venomous slander. Darling Hong Darling Hong, even though I have thousands kind and ten thousands kind of fault, also look upon the face of Little Boy Feng and Little Girl Mo. The day before teacher still praised Little Boy Feng for studying well."

Sheng Hong's heart was moved also did not make any noise. He lifted the teacup to drink a mouthful. Concubine Lin slowly moved to his side, head on his shoulders, lightly complained "Darling Hong, I am fully aware of your conduct. That time when you and I pledged our love, Master made an oath towards me and absolutely would not allow me to be bullied. This is why you had bruised the honour of Madame's maiden family and bought me lands and shops, allowing me to properly straighten my back and conduct myself within the household. The deep thought Darling Hong has towards me, how can I not know. If I was to do that cruel and unscrupulous thing, let me to be destroyed by heavens and earth so that I may not have a good death."

Her voice suave and was bewitching and charming. Even if a poisonous oath was vowed, it is also like saying words of love. Sheng Hong cannot help but loosen his countenance and was right about to reach out to affectionately embrace Concubine Lin. Suddenly he remembered the discussion with Old Madame Sheng that day, thus withdrew his hands and pushed Concubine Lin away.