Chapter 10

After Old Madame Sheng finished asking the three granddaughters, she said she was tired and allowed the descendants to return to their houses, the old person wants to go to bed already. Originally Sheng Hong wanted to speak a few more words for Molan, only have to hold back and return.

When they returned and still yet to have change and wash up, Mama Fang from the Old Madame side suddenly arrived. Sheng Hong couple hurriedly invited her inside. Mama Fang is a veteran at the Sheng household, her words nimble and explained her coming clearly in a few words— Old Madame wants to bring Minglan over.

Once the words came out, Sheng Hong couple immediately one on heaven and the other under the earth. Wang shi was overjoyed at this unexpected news and hate that she could not immediately go burn two incense to fulfil her promise. Sheng Hong on the other hand, was somewhat dismayed and felt that the Old Madame in the end still does not like Concubine Lin.

"Master, the Old Madame has received your piece of filial heart. This old woman give thanks on behalf of the Old Madame. ......Madame, trouble you to find some to tidy things up for the Sixth Young Lady. Pass me a message later, I will then come to receive her."

Mama Fang is usually an efficient person, after speaking she then bowed and returned.

"What does the Old Madame mean? The young ladies in our house, except for Hua'er, it is Mo'er who is the oldest. Naturally it is the eldest sister to take on the labour, is it possible to allow an immature and sickly child go?" Sheng Hong extended his arms to allow Wang shi undo his clothing. No matter how he thought, he still felt that Molan is more suitable than Minglan. "Not to mention these few days Mo'er has always been serving at Old Madame's side. In every case she is filial and considerate. What is Old Madame hesitating about?"

Wang shi is relaxed physically and mentally, she smiled "This is Old Madame's choice, it is useless even if you feel that it is good, she must be willing for it to work! I have often told Hua'er that she should wear brighter colors to appear fresh and tender but she simply likes dull colored clothing. Master ah, in everything, it is only good if the person has to be perfectly happy. It cannot always be that you think it is good then forcefully make the decision. Old Madame is looking upon the face of Master and will not refute you but it does not mean that her heart is comfortable. Therefore ah, you should broaden your thoughts, no matter which child Old Madame picks, are they not all Master's daughter? Since Old Madame has decided, just do as instructed. It is aligned with her desires, you are filial to your utmost, is it not the best of both worlds? Besides the Old Madame is compassionate and kindhearted, she must have seen that Concubine Wei has died early, Ming'er is also sickly and ignorant and it is possible that she wants to favour her."

Sheng Hong felt that this reason is relatively reasonable, the more he thought the more he feels it is possible. Even if he wants to promote Molan, he is also unable to force Old Madame to accept her; however Concubine Lin and he truly love each other and Molan is the creation of that love. Because of this creation, he decides to try harder.

On the second day when Old Madame Sheng just woke up, Mama Fang held a hundred years-old blanc de chine with silver marble lines to serve the Old Madame bird's nest congee. The maid outside reported facing the room "Master has come." Afterwards opened up the indigo velvet curtains to let Sheng Hong enter. Old Madame shot a quick glance at him, the corner of her mouth rose and let Mama Fang withdraw the porridge.

"What have you come to do this early in the morning? The weather is cold, why not sleep more." Old Madame Sheng said after Sheng Hong bowed and sat down.

Sheng Hong respectfully said "Yesterday after Mama Fang left, I thought throughout the night and still thinks it is not appropriate. I know that Old Madame Sheng is sympathising with Ming'er but your body is still not very good. If you add an ignorant child, how you do expect this son to be assured? Why not let Mo'er come, she is mature and obedient, her words and actions are suitable and dedicated in serving Old Madame. What do you say?"

The Legend of Concubine's Daughter Minglanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें