Chapter 149

After she made that decision, she felt relieved all of a sudden. Then, she told Rong to go back with a beaming smile. Only two things needed to be done to send a child to school, which were registering and paying the tuition. However, in ancient times where formalities were very important, there were still other requirements.

That night, at the dinner table, Minglan told Rong's father about her decision. Before this, she had already made a draft with five chapters and twelve summaries in her mind. Then she prepared to give a speech on the importance of sending Rong to school to Gu Tingye from different aspects. However, as she just started her report, Gu Tingye ended her speech with five words,

"It is up to you."

After this man wiped his mouth elegantly, he rinsed his mouth, cleaned his hands and then touched Minglan's face which turned chubbier these days. With a smile in his pretty eyes, he said, "Have a nice supper, I'll go to discuss the business." Having chuckled tenderly, he lifted his rope and walked to the outer study in large strides.

In Gu Tingye's view, the way he handled this could be regarded as 'knowing how to judge people and use them.' However, in Minglan's view, this was totally an irresponsible action. (So what, you don't like your daughter's blood mother, then you decided not to be close with your daughter either?) Perhaps it was because of the dry weather in autumn that Minglan suddenly got super annoyed. That night, when she went to sleep, she turned over on bed with her back toward her husband's side. Gu Tingye who knew nothing about her feelings came back at midnight. He held her waist and attached to her back as usual, feeling her skin smooth and tender and her body little and cute. He used his chin to rub her body, which gave him a comfortable feeling. After he gave a few bites to her body, he then fell into a sound sleep.

Next day in the morning, when Danju found the tooth prints on Minglan's back which were neatly arranged like the troops, she looked at the mirror on the dresser at once, having an impulse to tell Gu Tingye off. However, as she remembered Mama Fang's warning, she then ate the humble pie. Still, while she helped Minglan get dressed, her teeth were gritted the whole time.

Minglan who knew nothing about what had happened felt nothing except for a bit sting on her back which also didn't arouse her attention. After she finished eating the breakfast, she saw the broad sunlight. Feeling grateful for the great weather, she ordered Danju to find a few pieces of fur and four-colored gift box in the storeroom cheerfully. After she had her coach made ready, she set off right away.

The sunlight in autumn was not scorching. Being bathed in warmness, Minglan almost fell asleep in the coach again. Luckily, before that, she reached the Zheng family which was located in the mid-back of the Lotus Alley. Little Shen shi who had just finished her needlework was feeling bored right now. Hearing about Minglan's arrival, she walked to the yard immediately to welcome the latter, "Wow, does the sun rise from the west today? I never realize you would come to see me!"

Minglan could only break Little Shen shi's illusion by saying with a smile, "The sun still rises from the east. I'm here to see your eldest sister-in-law."

Little Shen shi, startled, asked right away, "You came to visit my sister-in-law?"

The look on her face as well as her voice spoke volumes about how fierce First Madam Zheng was.

Before they could talk longer, an old servant walked in a hurry from the back and said clearly, "Second Madam, First Madam already prepared tea and snacks for Marchioness Ningyuan in the hall. Please follow me, Madam Gu, Second Madam."

Little Shen shi could only suppress her doubt for the moment. Then she and Minglan, holding arms, walked to the inside. Minglan seized the chance to whisper to Little Shen shi, "Weren't you called Second Young Madam a few days ago? What's the rise in your seniority for?" Little Shen shi turned around and answered in a low voice, "My eldest nephew is going to be engaged to a girl. This family will have a new female member."