Chapter 150

Minglan still felt tired after taking a nap on the coach. After she went back home, she dealt with a few family affairs. Then she slept for almost an hour after lunch. Only then did she feel herself refreshed. After that, she went to find Shao shi to tell the whole thing.

"... I heard it's Great Master Xue that's going to teach the girls. That is a rare chance, so I recommended Xian, too. What do you say, sister-in-law?"

Hearing that, Shao shi fell into a daze first. Meanwhile, Xian who was also there got happy right away with a joyful look on her little face. Seeing the little girl's expression, Shao shi felt softhearted at once. After Shao shi's husband had died and the Fourth and the Fifth family had moved away, Xian had no friends except for that wild girl Rong and she spent all her time accompanying Shao shi. A life like this was a bit too lonely and not so healthy for a little girl after all.

Having pondered for a while, Shao shi said hesitantly, "It's lucky for her to be taught by Great Master Xue. Sister-in-law, thanks for your consideration. It's just..."

Xian got nervous right away and gazed at Shao shi. The latter continued, "It's so inconvenient for the Zheng's family. Xian and Rong are both girls. Every time they leave their mansions, they need lots of bodyguards, coaches, horses, and servants. Also, there will be too many Mama and stewards being assigned to take care of them. I don't want to be such a nuisance..." Without extra tips, those people would be hard to order about.

Before she finished her words, Minglan already understood what she was thinking and then said with a smile, "Don't worry, sister-in-law, it's not like we are expecting the girls to take the imperial exams. The girl's schools are unlike the formal schools. They only need to go there five out of ten days. By then, we can let Xian go to my place first and go to the school with Rong together. The bodyguards, servants and Mama are all ready to serve. Sister-in-law, you only need to bring two maids or Mama. We won't raise a rumpus this way and could also save more troubles this way. Doesn't it sound great?"

Shao shi was still hesitating, "Well..." Xian, with an obvious expectation on her face, said in a low voice, "Mother."

Shao shi turned around to look at her daughter and then finally agreed, "This is the best. Xian, thank your aunt now!"

With Xian's wrinkled brows finally unfolded and her face covered with a beaming smile, she gave an obeisance and gave her thanks to Minglan like a cheerful rabbit.

"Sorry for the trouble, sister-in-law." Shao shi thanked Minglan again.

Minglan waved her hands straightly, "I'm not troubled at all. Rong is difficult to teach. If she could be as obedient as Xian, I won't find a tutor for her at the outside. Xian, you have to take care of my wild girl Rong."

Shao shi said with a smile, "Sisters should look out for each other for sure."

After Minglan and Shao shi talked for a while, they went to the Daylily Garden together. Old Madam Qin and Zhu shi seemed to be discussing something in a high spirits. Seeing that Minglan and Shao shi coming, they stopped chatting right away. Then, Minglan's heart missed a beat.

After Minglan gave her obeisance to Old Madam Qin, she asked leisurely with a smile, "Mother, I wonder what you and my sister-in-law were talking about just now? You two seemed quite happy."

"Nothing, today is a fine day. Your sister-in-law tells me a joke to amuse me." Old Madam Qin answered that with a joyful look. Zhu shi, the pregnant woman, chuckled and didn't say anything. Then Minglan could only stop asking.

Old Madam Qin asked gently, "You two seem in a good mood too. Do you have any great news?"

Shao shi was very cheerful right now, so she told Old Madam Qin what had happened straight away. With Old Madam Qin's eyebrows knitted slightly, she glanced at Minglan without giving any comments. Seeing that, Shao shi wasn't that joyful anymore and lowered her head lightly. Zhu shi never aired any opinion with a smile on her face the whole time.