Chapter 153

The sound of the coachman cracking whips and shouting came through from the outside. As the coach forwarded slowly, inside of the dark coach, of which the brocade curtains were flying in the air, Old Madam Yang recognized the person sitting there by the light coming through the window, and that was no other than Gu Tingye.

The coach was strangely silent. Gu Tingye leaned forward slightly and said lowly, "Aunt, it's been a while."

Old Madam Yang never realized that he would show up there. For the moment, she only sat there stiffly with astonishment. After a short moment, she questioned him with a sharp voice, "What are you doing here?!"

Gu Tingye didn't answer her right away, but said another thing, "When the lady of Marquis Xuanmen's family got married, her wedding truly was a grand occasion in the capital. When princess Ping Ning got married, Marquis Xiangyang had prepared a great fortune for her as her dowry. It is reasonable for Old Madam Qin to get jealous."

With Old Madam Yang's eyelids shivering all of a sudden, she looked to Gu Tingye directly, thinking, 'I have only got out of Old Madam Qin's mansion less than a quarter!'

Then she said in a stern voice, "How well-informed you are! You truly have changed."

Gu Tingye didn't mind what she said and only replied with a smile, "About dozens of years ago, Marquis Xuanmen garrisoned the Prefecture Yan Tong on the northwest. At that time, he suffered a surprise attack by a massive forces from the west. There were only thousands of remnants in the city and the reinforcements were not able to arrive on time. As the city was about to be broken, Marquis Xuanmen and his sons, all the four of them were going to die with the people in the city. At that time, the Rui family, a prestigious family in the city nearby, acknowledged what had happened. Old General Rui who had retired at home was a big-hearted man, so he sent all the men in his family as well as the male servants in his mansion to rescue Marquis Xuanmen. At last, they managed to stick until the reinforces arrived. As a result, Marquis Xuanmen's family was also saved. However, of all the men in the Rui family, only Old General Rui's young illegal son survived."

After saying that, Gu Tingye stopped talking and only stared at Old Madam Yang with a slightly sarcastic look in his eyes. Old Madam Yang felt her anger rise but also knew it was inappropriate for her to lose her temper. She knew what had happened to Marquis Xuanmen, and that was also why she had talked with Old Madam Qin fiercely.

Gu Tingye was very satisfied with the look on her face, then he said slowly, "After Marquis Xuanmen returned to the capital, he married his youngest daughter to Young Master Rui and spent more than half of his family property on her daughter's dowry. I wonder if our family has owed the Han family such a great debt."

Old Madam Yang's face already turned purple and her teeth kept grating. Still, she remained silent, showing that she would never resist as long as there was no violence.

"As for Princess Ping Ning..." Gu Tingye chuckled, "At that time, I was still a young boy. However, I still remember that Old Madam Yang has acted as the matchmaker. You have also brought my cousins to attend the feast. Shouldn't you know about the details?"

Old Madam Yang still resisted him with silence and refused to talk. Then, with the smile on Gu Tingye's face gradually disappearing, he said in a cold voice, "Aunt, you truly have changed to a peaceful person. Thanks to Old Madam's hard work, I guess."

Old Madam Yang, as hot-tempered as she was, finally couldn't restrain herself and said in a loud voice, "Don't try to provoke me! I am an old woman who is going to have a great grandson. I'm not afraid of being framed by you. Just tell me what you want!"

"Nothing, only your words." Gu Tingye said with a flat tone with an imposing manner as if he was pressing Old Madam Yang with an invisible hand. Old Madam Yang tried to hold her temper and adjusted her breath, "... You are right. She have made a mistake this time. I've already scolded her. If she still refuses to correct her mistake, I'll never help her with this! How about this? Are you satisfied now?"