Author's Note & Preview.

...

The following story is a work of fiction. Any likeness to persons dead or alive is coincidental. I promise.

This isn't real.

...

©️2019, C. Darcy, All Rights Reserved.

Don't steal my work, or I will not hesitate to steal the breath from your lungs and the skin from your face. That includes any text, images, characters and so on. Be original. You have been warned.

...

In a world ravaged by past wars and epidemics, normalcy is faked on all fronts. But humanity can only pretend things are fine for so long, before a government coup proves that they most definitely aren't. Nothing is the same with the Enigma Council in power - freedom is butchered as they seperate everyone they get their hands on into savage concentration camps. Everyone, except those that pass the tests.

But none of this makes sense when you're trapped on the inside, and Ace knows that. With the power of a thousand Strong Independent Women Who Don't Need No Men, she will plan an escape like never before. It's all that's on her mind; who cares about the frustratingly hot bad boy or her sweet best friend? They're cliches she doesn't have time for, not when she discovers that the world out there might be more complicated than she thought.

Join fiery Ace and her (not as badass) companions as she (single-handedly) discovers a world that's bigger and badder than she ever thought, and begins to find the value of those slightly-less-badass companions. Daring quests, a couple of deaths, a masked friend and a microwave to blow up - there's more than enough cliches to destroy and an evil hierarchy to tear to the ground, so don't get in Ace's way as she fights the world, and then some.

Read at your own risk.

I love you. Enjoy.

...