Part 1, Chapter 6: Drunken Behaviors

Updated as of Dec. 2023

Warning: kinda violence at the end? A little? 👍🏻

"So you mean to tell me that this woman willingly put herself in a house with twenty-five American men? And genuinely believed that she was going to find a lifetime of love and happiness with one of these suitors?" Loki repeated after having started an episode of the Bachelorette. You nodded groggily, smiling up at him. The weight of six beers and a full body workout were beginning to take a toll on your body. "She's probably also in it for the fame and the money, but some last." "I would make it last." You smiled, blinking the sleep away. "That's what she said." Loki tore his eyes from the screen to look back at you. You'd laid down a while ago, but Loki had stayed sitting up-elbows on his knees-and downed beer after beer. His tolerance for alcohol was near to nothing, whereas you'd only started drinking a few months ago. Snide jokes were usually reserved for very public moments that aimed to embarrass. When in private, you tended to be more sincere. Except when you were exhausted. He smiled down at you softly. "Would you prefer to finish this tomorrow?" He asked. "I'm just a little sleepy, that's all. One too many beers I guess." When you fell asleep with your head in his lap, your one too many beers had meant Loki would be carrying you to bed again. 

*****

When you woke up the next morning, you felt quite refreshed. You blinked a few times, the ceiling coming into focus. The shine of natural light streamed into the room, and yet the blindingly painful migraine never kicked in. You looked around, not recognizing your surroundings. 'This isn't my bed...' 

You lifted your head and saw Loki, sound asleep, his chest rising and falling slowly.  'I swear, if we did anything last night I'll never- actually, I won't finish that sentence.'  You shifted to where you were facing him, and laid back down. You pressed your cheek against his now bare chest. 'Cold....' you thought. 'Feels nice.'  You sunk back down into a light doze, when you felt a hand on the back of your head, stroking your hair.

'Beautiful...' you heard Loki's thought. You looked up to see Loki's glowing green eyes staring into yours. "Did we do anything last night?" You smiled. "No, love. You fell asleep in my lap again, and when I tried laying you down in your bed, you wouldn't let go of me. So I brought you in here." He said. "Would you have been mad if we did?" He asked. You shook your head. "No, I don't think so. Even now I don't think I'd be mad." Loki moved his head closer to yours. "We should get up. They'll be wondering what happened to us." He said. You furrowed your eyebrow. You put your arm out to stop him. "Would you be upset?" You ask him softly. Loki closed his eyes for a moment. You wondered if he was picturing it. "No."

He flipped the covers off of the both of you, making you shiver. Loki turned around and looked at you in confusion. "Are you cold?" He asked. "Um, yes? How are you not freezing?" You said back. "I'm a Frost Giant, darling. We don't get cold, remember?" He said. "Oh, right. But yes, I am cold. I don't like getting up for that reason exactly."

You pulled the covers back up, and snuggled back into the pillows. You inhaled deeply, remembering how these sheets smelled of mint and trees. He smelled good. "Come on love, it's time to get up," he continued, "I'll make us breakfast..." he said in a singsong voice. That caught your attention. You rolled over and smiled at him. "Ah yes, food does always seem to get your attention." He chuckled.

Loki was sweet and kind when he wasn't around the others. You got up, and walked over to Loki. He towered over you. Maybe it was that you'd caught him off guard, or perhaps it was the intimacy of the moment, but he sat back down on the bed, his hand traveling from your shoulder down to your hip. "Loki... I think I want it to happen." He smiled up at you softly.