S4: Chapter 12- snap

"Mom!" "Y/n!"

He held you closer than he ever had before. It had only been mere moments to you, but in your time away, you knew it was so much longer for your family. "How long was I gone?" You reached out for your kids. "Six months." Loki said. "Six months? I'm so sor-" "Don't apologize. It wasn't your fault." He said. "We missed you." Siegfried said. "I missed you too." You kissed them. "Darling you can let go now." You rubbed your husbands head. "No I can't." He said. "Don't forget, we gotta hug mama too." Astrid said. "Yes you can. I won't go anywhere." You lifted his head from your chest. "Loki are you okay?" You asked. "I haven't seen you in nearly nine months." He said. "I let go once and I'm not ever letting you go again." He said. "Well you can't carry me around everywhere." "Watch me." He whispered, letting go of you. "Mommy!" Your kids yelled, running into your arms. "I missed your birthday didn't I?" You sighed. "Yeah, but we can have a party when we go home!" Astrid said hopefully. "You know, I think we might have to on account of the fact that I've decided you're not ten yet." You said. "Hey! Yes we are!" Astrid said. "Mama you look different." Siegfried said suddenly. You looked over at him, slightly confused. "What do you mean? I think I'm still me." You looked back at Loki, who looked just as confused as you were. "No, he's right. There's something different about you." Wanda piped up. "Where are your wings?" Loki asked. With a wave of your hand, your wings appeared. "Woah!" Siegfried said. You looked back and saw they'd turned from grey to black, with little golden streaks throughout. "What in the world?" You said. "Must've been the spell. Magic that strong has to have had some sort of effect on your body." Wanda said.

There was a big thud that sounded from another room. "That'll be everyone else." Loki said, standing. "Who went to get the soul stone?" You said suddenly. "Clint and Natasha, why?" "We have to go. Now." You said, running out the door.

—————————————

"It's okay. Let me go."

"Clint, no!"

He slipped from her grasp, and fell down to his death at the bottom. Natasha looked away, crying out in pure agony. The man who had given her a second chance, saved her life, was gone. The man she first loved, dead.

Natasha sat up and saw her closed fist. Crying, she opened it up and saw the round orange soul stone sitting in the palm of her hand. "Damnit!" She cried.

"Please, please!" Bruce begged.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you, Bruce. If I give up the Time Stone to help your Reality, I'm dooming my own." The ancient one said. "With all due respect, I'm not sure the science really supports that." He countered. With a flick of her wrist, a long golden projection appeared in between them. "The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one stone and that flow splits." She took the time stone out, and a black strip appeared, and branched off. "Now, this may benefit your reality, but my new one...not so much. In this new branched Reality, without our chief weapon against the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun. Millions will suffer. So, tell me, Doctor, can your science prevent all that?" She asked. "No, but we can erase it. Because once we are done with the stones, we can return each one to its own timeline at the moment it was taken. So, chronologically, in that reality, it never left." He put the stone back, the branch reality vanishing. "But you are leaving out the most important part. In order to return the stones, you have to survive." "We will. I will. I promise." Bruce clasped his hands together. "I can't risk this Reality on a promise. It is the duty of the Sorcerer Supreme to protect the Time Stone." She walked away. "Then, why the hell did Strange give it away?" She stopped. "What did you say?" She turned around. "Strange, he gave it away. He gave it to Thanos." Bruce said. "Willingly?" The ancient one asked. "Yes!" Maybe he was getting somewhere. "Why?" The woman whispered. "I have no idea. Maybe he made a mistake." "Or I did." The ancient one sent Bruce back to his body with a flick of his wrist. "Strange is meant to be the best of us." "So he must have done it for a reason." Bruce nodded. "I fear you might be right." She opened the eye of Agamotto, and gave him the time stone. "Thank you." He said sincerely. "I'm counting on you, Bruce. We all are." She said.

—————————————

"Guys!" You ran into the room. "Y/n." Tony. "Dad." You smiled. You ran onto the platform and into your fathers arms. "I knew you'd come back." He said. "Pete." You held your hand out, and pulled him into the hug. "I missed you." You said. "I missed you more. I'm glad you're back." Tony said. "Guys! Wh-"
You stopped dead in your tracks when you saw Natasha crouched on the floor, crying. "Clint." You said softly. "Nat, come here." You walked over to her.

"It should've been me." Nat said. "You had no way of knowing that's what would happen. It's not your fault." You said. "Does his family know?" Tony asked. "They're dead remember?" Nat said.

"He sacrificed himself for that stone." Nat cried. "Hey, hey look at me." You went and sat by her. "There's no way you could've known. He must've sacrificed himself for a reason. For you. He knew that you had some sort of reason to live." You tried reassuring her. "There's nothing you could've done." "It could've been me. That's what I could've done." She stood up.

"All right. The glove's ready. Question is who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?" Rocket said. "It's gotta be me." You said. "I'm the strongest, I can take it. Right after, I'll go to Wakanda and make sure everyone is okay." You said. "There's no one else here who can do it, right? No one else who's stronger than me, other than maybe Wanda?" "I'm not gonna do it." She said. "That's what I thought. Any oppositions?" You asked, looking around the room. No one opposed. "I love you." You looked over at Loki. He nodded. "You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive." You said. "How do we know you will?" Steve asked. "We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. I can recover easily." You said. "Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked you. "Let's do it." You smiled.
"You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." "Got it." You said. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol. Will you?" Tony asked his A.I. "Yes, boss." She said back, before the windows were covered in metal, and the avengers compound went on lockdown. "Everybody comes home." You whispered.

You slowly moved your hand into the gauntlet, already beginning to feel the power. The gauntlet shrank to fit your smaller hands, and when it was all the way on, the fun began. You felt fire creeping through your veins, making your blood boil. It felt like pain you'd only ever felt once before in your life, when a pair of certain twins were born. You could handle it. You doubled over in pain. "Take it off! Take it off!" Loki shouted. "No, wait. Y/n, are you okay?" Steve asked. "Talk to me, Y/n!" Tony shouted. You took a deep breath, and stood, fire in your eyes. They were absolutely blazing gold. "I'm fine." You said, and snapped your fingers.

You let out a breath you didn't realize you were holding. It was over. You looked around at the team, and saw their awestruck faces. "Don't look at me like that." You smiled. "Can you move?" Loki asked. "I'm fine. I told you. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to Wakanda. Some people will be waiting." You smiled, and without a moments notice, vanished. Right after you did, the avengers compound blew to hell.

Thanos.