S4: Chp. 10- Phat Thor

"We have to go back." Peter said. "Calm down Peter we can't come up with time travel in a day." He said, walking into his garage. "Well we might as well get to work now." Peter said. "Damnit." Tony sighed.

"Look at a mod inspiration, let me see what checks out. So, recommend one last sim before we pack it in for the night. This time, in the shape of a mobius strip, inverted, please." Peter told Friday. "Processing..." "You know, if this works... we're going to change the world." Peter said. "Peter, no one can know about this. If this.. if our tech got into the wrong hands, you know what'll happen." He said. "The model was unsuccessful, sir." Friday called back. "Give me that eigenvalue. That, particle factoring, and a spectral decomp. That'll take a second." Tony smirked. "Just a moment." "Do you think it'll work?" Peter asked. "Don't worry if it doesn't pan out. I'm just kinda -" "Model rendered. Model successful. Congratulations." Friday said. "Shit!" Tony looked over at Peter, who shared the same look of bewilderment on his face.

"We are geniuses." Peter chuckled. "Tony we just invented time travel." "Hell yeah we did. Now go up to bed we're going to the compound first thing in the morning." Peter nodded and walked up the stairs.

"Friday, can we take a look at the probabilities?" He asked. "Sure thing. The probability of success is estimated at 99.987%." She said. "Good enough. Is there anything I can do to bump it up to a hundred?" He asked. "Processing. No sir, I believe you've done everything. But I wouldn't be worried, as Peter said, you are geniuses." She said. "Yeah, sure." Tony smirked. "Tony? There's only one bedroom up here!" Peter called from upstairs. "Well do you want to sleep outside? I'm fine with that too." He said. "Well.. no, but I guess I just thought- cause you said-" "Just go to sleep Peter." He chuckled.

The next day, just as they were getting ready to leave, a car pulled up. Tony walked outside and saw Steve, Nat, and Scott step out of the car. "Tony." Nat said. "Can we talk?" She asked. "Sure." He said, inviting them up onto the porch. "What happened now?" He asked. "We have an idea. One that can bring everybody back." "Shoot." Tony said. Steve looked at Scott.

"Now, we know what it sounds like...a- time travel is crazy." Scott looked up at him. "Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve added.  Tony took a deep breath. "Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that? In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." "I did." Scott said. "No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a... What do you call it?"  "A time heist?" Scott said, slightly embarrassed. "Yeah, a time heist. Of course, why didn't we think of this before? Oh, because it's laughable? Because it's a pipedream?" "The Stones are in the past. We can go back and get them." Scott said. "We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everyone back. Tony we could bring Peter back."
"Or screw it up worse than he already has, right?" Tony looked over at her. "I don't believe we would." Steve chuckled angrily. "Gotta say, sometimes I miss that giddy optimism Cap. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome would be our collective demise." He lied. "Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel. That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events -"  "That's not how it works, dumbass." He sighed. "Tony... We have to take a stand." Nat said. "We did stand. And yet, here we are." He shrugged.  "I lost someone very important to me. A lot of people did. And now, now we have a chance to bring her back. To bring everyone back. And you're telling me that won't even..." "That's right, Scott, I won't even." A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips as he saw Peter come out of the bathroom out of the corner of his eye. "I wish you'd come here to ask me something else. Anything else. Honestly, I... I missed you guys, it was... Oh, and table's set for five." He said, seeing if that would give anything away. "Tony, I get it. But this is a second chance." Steve said. "I got my second chance right here, Cap. I can't roll the dice again. I can't lose it." Tony pushed open the door, a disheveled Peter came walking out.

"Queens." Steve said, his jaw dropping. Peter snapped his head up, his eyes wide. "I wish you'd come earlier." Tony said, smiling. "What are you guys doing here?" Peter asked. "Peter, you were dead. How?" Nat asked. "Y/n." He smiled. "You've seen her?" "Yeah. She and Dr. Strange sent me back. I guess they knew that me and Tony were the only ones that could figure out time travel."He said. "Oh, we already figured it out, by the way." Tony said. "Time travel." Scott stood up. "You guys want to stay for lunch?" He asked. Nat nodded absently.

"We were going to come to the compound today actually. Just trying to leave when you pulled up. Maybe we can Try and start working on fixing this mess." Tony said. "So that whole thing you said to us out there was a lie huh?" Steve chuckled. "Yeah Cap, my son in law is a pretty decent liar. Had to learn from the best." He said. "I guess it rubs off." He looked over to Peter.

"What happened?" Bruce said once everyone came back. "Oh my god, Peter? I thought you were dead." Bruce's jaw dropped. "I was. It was only a moment for me though. One minute I'm dying in Tony's arms, the next I'm being sent here by Dr. Strange and Y/n." He said. "Y/n did what?" Loki came walking in, Astrid and Siegfried following close behind. "Loki." Peter said. "Y/n sent me back, but she said that her and Strange didn't have enough power to send Y/n back." He looked up at him. "But she said that you did." "What? You didn't tell us that." Steve said. "There wasn't any reason to." He said. "So we invented time travel for nothing?" Tony threw his hands up in defeat. "No. Of course not."
"You're saying I can just... bring her back?" Loki looked away. "I'm not sure. I think he meant all of you." Peter looked at Astrid and Siegfried. "You're old now aren't you?" Peter smiled, opening his arms for a hug. "We had a birthday! We're ten now." Astrid smiled brightly. "You are? That's so old, I can't believe it." He said. "And father has taught us magic!" Siegfried said. "Well goodness. Seems like a lot can change in six months."

"We need a team." Tony said. "We need my brother." Loki sighed. "We haven't heard from Thor since he killed Thanos." Bruce said. "That's alright. I know where he is." "We can watch the kids." Wanda and Vision came walking in. "Well at least we've got almost everyone here." Steve said, nodding to both of them. "Right then. Let's go find my oaf of a brother." Loki said.

"Thor! Open up." Loki banged on the door to a run down cottage. Loki heard heavy footsteps coming to the  cdoor, before he heard a set of locks being turned. "Brother." Loki greeted. "God, you smell. What is that, rum?" "Loki, what are you doing here?" He asked. "We've figured out a way to bring everyone back. And we're going to need your help to do it." Loki said. "Maybe I should come back when I have Y/n?" "Loki whatever are you talking about?" "Peter. Peter has returned, Dr. Strange and Y/n sent him back." "But I thought they were-" "They are. Strange has told Peter that I, along with the children have the power to bring her back." He said. "But we need your help to bring everyone else back." He finished. "Brother, I feel you expect too much of me." "We can bring Jane back." Loki said. Thor rubbed his face and sighed. "There's beer on the ship." He added crossly. "What kind?"

PHAT- pretty hot and thick. Not to be confused with "fat" because it hasn't been five years, so Thor still has the body of a god. Ur welcome. Also, I haven't updated in awhile because running a business is SO time consuming. I might have time tomorrow two bust out a few chapters though! Hopefully I can finish writing it 🥲 i already have something big planned for after "My Darling" is finished!!!!