50: Together

(A/N): I know, I know! It's been forever since I wrote and I'm so sorry to those who are still reading this/waiting on this. I'll try my best to get back to writing, it's been awhile since I last wrote too, so sorry if it seems awkward.
=======================================

Your POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I felt a sense of deja vu as I looked up at the studio building, nervous as the day I first came here, only this time there was no small bubble of excitement in me. The feeling of a gentle squeeze on my shoulder pulled me out of my staring, I looked to Wilford and saw a smile that told me not to worry because he was here with me. I smiled back at him and gave a nod of determination.

Another deep breath.

Wilford and I held hands as we walked through the door.

"Tch.. well look who it is"

"You see that? They're showing off how good they have it with the boss"

"They're not even that attractive"

"It's probably cause they're good in bed, must have had a ton of practice"

"Ugh, disgusting.."

I held Wilford's hand tighter and moved closer to him, his thumb gently rubbed my hand as a way to comfort me. The gesture was small, but it still helped a little.

"Wow cozying up to the boss even more?"

"They have no shame"

"What a-"

Ahem! My hand was tugged back as Wilford stopped walking, I and everyone else in the office looked at him "If I'm not mistaken, this isn't high school, but a journalism office. Right? You are all adults, not petty teenagers, I expect some professionalism here. The only gossip I want is about other celebrities!" I couldn't help but smile at that. At least he's aware that's pretty much what this company was built on.

"For all your sake, this better not happen again.."

All the employees seemed to pale at that comment. Threat? Warning, that seems more accurate. Wilford didn't wait for an answer before we started walking to his office again. I gently squeeze his hand to calm him down, his expression relaxed and he squeezed back. I smiled softly "Thanks for that"

"No one gets away with hurting my little bubblegum," he replied with confidence. I chuckled, "Gross."  "HEY!" He shouted. I laughed, and the world around us went away. We weren't being judged in the hallways of the office, we were just walking together in our own bubble. "What's wrong with calling you my bubblegum huh?"  "I'd rather you stick with your old, classy petnames."  "Fine, fine."

Narrator's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Ethan, Kathryn, and Tyler watched the couple walk by in, talking to each other in their own little world. "Awwwwww!" Ethan gushed. "I'm gonna be sick..," the other two groaned simultaneously.

Everything in the office went on smoothly after the events that morning. Not a problem in sight, the building was flowing like a well-oiled machine.

But.

Everyone knows things can never just be perfect, especially when it comes to matters of the heart.