32: Date, Start!

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Ash and I were talking on the couch when we heard a knock on the door "I think we know who that is~" She skips over to the door while I stood and straightened up my dress and tried to fix up my hair. All this fanciness for some guy? What's happened to me? I looked over to the open door and saw Wilford in a pink button-up, yellow dress pants, a white belt and some regular dress shoes (His outfit in "Wilford Motherloving Warfstache")

Well... that's definitely different. He smiled at me with his hand outstretched to me "Are you ready to go?" I couldn't help but smile back "Y-yeah..." I took his hand and he led me out of the house "I BETTER HAVE HER BACK HERE BY 11 YOUNG MAN!", I heard Ash yell when we reached the car. Wilford laughed, "No promises!"

As we drove around the city, I asked, "Where are we going?" Wilford just smiled saying, "Someplace special" I looked at him strangely before looking out the window and watching the passing scenery

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Ohhh it's too quiet! This is a date, we're supposed to be talking and having fun, does it feel awkward? I have to say SOMETHING!

I cleared my throat and said, "You look absolutely adorable, Y/N" A quick glance at them and I see a smile and some pink dusting their cheeks "Thank you, Wilford. You look great as well" I felt my cheeks warm, but so many thoughts were running through my head that I didn't focus too long on it

Did I make them uncomfortable? No, they're blushing, which means they liked it, right? Don't assume that, Warfstache!

"I'm sorry I've been so quiet..." I was pulled out my thoughts as I glanced at Y/N briefly before turning my attention back to the road "It's just... I've never really been on dates much" Taking a leap of faith, I took my hand off the wheel and placed it on top of theirs. My gaze drifts over to look at their reaction and we lock eyes, I give a small smile "You shouldn't have to apologize for being anxious, I've actually been really nervous  about this date" Y/N's eyes widen a fraction "Really?" I look back to the road to try and avoid their eyes, and to stay alive, sure "Honestly, I've been freaking out since this morning"

I heard them giggling and I feel my cheeks grow red with embarrassment, suddenly Y/N's fingers wrap themselves between my own and I remember that my hand was holding theirs "That means a lot to me; That a guy like you would worry about going on a date with someone like me..." For the thousandth time, I look over at Y/N again and I see them with a gentle smile, nervously looking away

"Y/N..." I stopped driving and turned to them, taking both of their hands in mine "Every guy dreams of going out with someone like you; Someone so kind, so beautiful, so wonderfully silly..." We both chuckle at the last bit, a bright blush evident on both our faces "You are... incredible"