36: One More Place

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Before we knew it, the ice cream was all gone and we were more sober now. Y/N stretched their arms as I stood up from my seat "So, now will you let me drive?" They sighed before saying, "Fine" before standing up as well

Back in the car Y/N asked, "So, where is this secret 2nd place you're taking me?" I smiled "It wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you"

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Wilford drove away from the city, it kinda felt like we were heading to the mansion. But that thought didn't last that long since he stopped at the side of the road, not as long of a trip if we actually were headed to the Iplier's home. As he turned the engine off, I looked at him strangely, he seemed to understand my silent question since he answered, "Just trust me, this will be a great surprise!"

He exited the car and ran over to my side and opened the door for me, I grinned at his gentlemanly nature "Thanks" Once the car doors were all locked up, Wilford grabbed my hand and led me through the forest with excitement. I laughed at his gleeful attitude and asked where we were headed "Somewhere special, trust me!"

Eventually we stopped running, I couldn't tell what was so special about this place because Wilford was blocking whatever was ahead. He turned to me and led my wrists to my face, getting the idea, I covered my eyes "No peaking, okay?" I smiled and nodded; Wilford's warm hand was pushing my back lightly, slowly leading me forward a couple steps.

"Open them" I carefully dropped my hands from my face to see a beautiful sight in front of me; From the top of the hill where we stood, I could see the moon so clearly, it felt like I could reach out and touch it. Wilford's hand took hold of my outstretched arm, snapping me out of my amazement. Did I actually just try to touch the moon? My cheeks turned pink with embarrassment as the reporter chuckled "That was absolutely adorable"

A squeak escaped my lips at his words, taking both of my hands he turned to me with a soft smile. My face grew more heated "Why the hell do you look so cute right now...," I mumbled looking away from the pink-mustached gentleman

I felt myself get lightly tugged forward, which caused me to look up at Wilford, a gasp escaped my lips seeing how close he was. His cheeks looked almost as pink as his hair as he chuckled, "You're red as a rose, dear" With a pout I stuttered, "You're one to talk! You're entire face might as well be--!"

Chu~

My eyes were wide, blinking owlishly at the reporter. What... what the hell just happened..? "What..?" It took a few more seconds for me to process what just happened "I-- You-- Did we--? DID YOU JUST??" I swear my face had turned into lava with how hot my face felt right now, Wilford started laughing loudly