43: Here We Go Again...

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Pretty soon, a lot of Wilford's brothers came into the living room. I guess they're coming back from work? Which would explain how they were able to afford a mansion if they all have jobs. It didn't take long for those brothers to notice I was there and start bombarding me with questions.

"So you're really Wilford's partner?"
"Did he ask or did you make the first move?"
"Where'd you meet?"
"Was it love at first sight or what?"
"Tell us why you like him! Spill the soup!"
"Hah! And I thought Wilford was lying!"
"Why not date me instead? Haha!"

Wilford pulled me closer against him and gripped my waist. Whether out of jealousy or just annoyance at the chaos that was happening, I'm not sure. Either way, it was cute. Just when the living room was starting to get any more out of hand, a familiar ringing came to my ears. I looked up just in time to see Dark enter the room, with a smile I called out, "Hi Dark!"

The noise of the living room went dead at the mention of his name, he scanned the chaos before landing on me and Wilford at the center of it all. The usual dull ringing noise he emitted grew in intensity, it almost felt like I would get a nosebleed. I grabbed onto Wilford's hand, the pain was getting intense. The others were already doubled-over in pain. It's too much...! Suddenly, the ringing went back down, everything was silent. After a moment of deafening quiet Dark said, "Call me when dinner is ready." Before going upstairs, most likely to his office/room.

As soon as we heard the door close from upstairs there was a heavy silence. "...I think I'll go start on dinner now...," Chef spoke, breaking the tension. There were a few murmurs of 'I'll help' from the others while some remained quiet and glued to their spots. What the hell was that?

Dark's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I teleported just outside the mansion, dealing with Anti today has completely drained me. All I want now was some peace and quiet, but as usual, the mansion was as loud as ever. It's astoundingly lucky that we're this far away from the city. I let out an exasperated sigh before going inside the house.

Once I entered I realized that the noise was coming from one, concentrated area, which never happens unless we have a meeting or dinner. And it was too early for dinner. I made my way to the entrance of the living room and saw everyone gathered around... Y̷/̸N̷!̴

"Hi Dark!"

The discord of the room stopped, and everyone carefully watched me. But I was only focused on one ego, Warfstache. That damned reporter had his arm wrapped around my Y/N, holding her so close that she was practically on his lap. W̸̮͊H̶͕́̆O̵̞̓͑ ̸̛̬͉Ť̴̪̅ͅḢ̷̠͎͝E̸͈͌ ̵̬̘̇H̴̳̹͒Ĕ̴̱Ḻ̷̢̎͝L̵͓͙̋ ̵͔̾D̷̮͓̅O̵̘̳͂́E̵͓̥͒S̴̭̽̊ ̶̻̬̔H̵̤̉͋Ê̶̥ ̶̢̮̈́͛Ṭ̸̀H̸̨̰̽̚Ȉ̷̞͓̈́Ṉ̵̜̐̋K̶̨̼̀ ̸̘͍͌͠Ḧ̸̞̐Ĕ̷͙̲ ̵̰͔̉Ī̷̢̦́S̵̰̋͘!̵̟̮͝?̶̦̆͊   Y/N started gripping Warfstache's hand tightly.

S̷t̴o̵p̸i̸t̵s̸t̸o̸p̷i̶t̸s̵t̶o̴p̸i̶t̴s̴t̷o̵p̴i̷t̸s̴t̴o̵p̷i̴t̸a̴t̶o̴p̶i̵t̶s̴t̷o̶p̷i̵t̷s̸t̶o̸p̵i̵t̸s̴t̵o̵p̵i̶t̶s̷t̴o̷p̶i̸t̸s̸t̸o̴p̴i̴t̷s̵t̸o̴p̸i̸t̴s̶t̶o̴p̶i̶t̵
L̷e̴t̷g̸o̷l̶e̴t̶g̶o̶l̶e̸t̶g̶o̸l̴e̷t̴g̵o̴l̶e̸g̴o̶l̴e̵t̶g̵o̵l̶e̴t̸g̸o̶l̶e̶t̴g̵o̵l̵e̸t̵g̵o̷l̶e̴t̸g̷o̵l̸e̶t̵g̸o̶l̶e̶t̴g̵o̷l̴e̸t̸g̴o̶l̶e̷t̴g̵o̷l̸e̴t̶g̴o̴

Y/N hissed in pain

W͝e n҉eed̨ ͏to͠ ge̢t̸ oút͟ ͝o̵f͞ he̶ŗe b̴ef͞ore h͝er hea̢ḑac̛he͘ ge̵ts͡ wor̶sè...̕.