49: Ignorance Is Bliss

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Wilford and I fixed up the livingroom, I was putting away all the extra pillows, blankets, and the fairy lights, while he put the livingroom back in order. I came back downstairs expecting to see him just finishing tidying up the room, instead I saw Wilford making breakfast. "You know, I'm the host, I should be the one cooking for us," I said as I went over to look at what he's cooking. "I woke up spooning you, I think you're well past 'host' status," Wilford chuckled as he flipped a pancake over. My stomach growled at the sight, waking up at practically noon might be why I'm so hungry. "Why don't you go wash up? I'm sure that breakfast will be done by then," he looked back at me with a smile. Seeing as I had nothing else to do, I agreed and went to take a shower.

I came back downstairs with a towel wrapped around my head and saw that the table was already set, with Wilford putting the finishing touches on the most beautiful pancake stack I've seen. Blueberries and strawberries on the plate with whip cream on top of the stack. "Wow, this looks like the perfect Instagram picture," I chuckled. Wilford tipped his imaginary hat "Why thank you, dear." With that, the two of us sat down to eat Wil's aesthetically pleasing breakfast.

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

You know how, in movies there's a scene where it's just the background music playing, and the characters' voices are mute? I now understand how they must have felt.

Breakfast passed like a breeze, we talked about everything, laughed about nothing, I couldn't even remember half the things we were saying. All I can remember is what it felt to sit with her, to laugh with her, just to be with her.

Y/N stood up and got the empty dishes, I tried to help her but she stopped me "Ah, ah, ah! You cooked, I'll wash the dishes"

When she walked away, I couldn't help the smile that crossed my face. That sounds like we're married... I almost choked. It's only been a week, Warfstache! How could you already be thinking like that?! I looked down at my half-full coffee cup in thought

I haven't felt this way about anyone since...

C̶e̶l̶i̶n̶e̶

...ever! I've never felt this way about anybody...

I smiled to myself and finished my coffee in one go "Don't forget this cup"

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

This is the happiest I've ever been with someone. Sorry Ash, sorry Dark. I relished the feeling of having Wilford so close to me when he leaned over to put away his coffee cup, but that moment ended too quickly.

I surprised both Wilford and myself when I spun around to face him.

So close...

We looked at each other for what felt like hours, until Wilford took a step back and coughed, "I'd better go and wash up, wouldn't want to be late to work." I snapped out of my daze and blushed a bright red, Wilford's face was the same as mine "Ah, right! Y-you go do that..."

Wilford went upstairs and I was left standing there, once the silence settled in I realized that there was still work today. Last night felt like a dream, but now it's time to wake up to reality. I finished washing the dishes and dried off my hands, before heading back to my room to get dressed for work.