23: Stay For Dinner...?

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

"Hello there, Ash!" "Hi King!"

I was half-awoken by the sound of voices, King's and... "-my friend, Y/N" Ash! Oh God, they're already here!

I push myself up from the couch and try my best to fix my appearance (with my reflection from the T.V.) "If you'll excuse me dears, my people need me," I heard King say before he ran out to the forest

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

As I watched King run off, Ash had already went inside "Wh- Ash, wait for me!" I scurried inside and saw that the house looked almost as big as the mansion in WKM. That's... incredible!

"Welp, have fun, Y/N!" I turned to see Ash walk up the steps "Huh? Hey, wait for me!" I was about to follow her like a lost pup, when I heard a familiar accent "Y/N! Glad to see you! Why don't we head off to my room now, and get started, hm?"

Wilford put his arm around my waist and led me up the stairs to his room (I'm assuming) He seemed to be in a hurry so I asked, "What's the rush, Wil?"

"Pshh! 'Rush'? There's no rush! I just wouldn't want to take up too much of your time, darling! As I'm sure you have some important business to attend to!" I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Yeah, I have a ton of very crucial YouTube time you're cutting into right now"

We finally reached is room and just as I got in, I heard someone call for Wilford, but I guess he didn't hear because he just shut the door immediately. After dusting off his hands, he grinned at me "Now, shall we?"

**Timeskip**

By the time we finished sorting through Wilford's mountain of files (Which I asked how he got but all he said was, "A reporter's got their ways"), it was already sundown "Wow, that took a while," I said as I looked at the disappearing orange light

"Oh my! Sorry for keeping you here so long, I didn't realize..." I waved him off "No, don't apologize. I was the one who insisted on helping!" Still, with an apologetic smile, Wilford opened his mouth to say, "Why don't we--?"

*BANG!**BANG!**BANG!* "WILFORD COME OUT ALREADY, DINNER'S HERE AND WE HAVE A GUEST REMEMBER!"

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

Y/N and I flinched at the loud knocking, after a second or two of silence I flashed them a nervous smile "...Well, would you like to stay for dinner?" Shit! Why did I say that?! "Sure. Ash is my ride anyway and I'd hate to ruin her time with the Host," they giggled.

I forced a smile "Wonderful!" You're a goddamn idiot Warfstache...

**Smol Timeskip**

For the first time in my life, I didn't like having all the attention on me ...But then again, I wasn't the one they were staring at. I cleared my throat to, hopefully, gain their attention, and introduce Y/N; That is, until Y/N called out, "Dark?"