46: Sleepover

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

A prideful smile was on my face as I looked at my finished work, at the center of the living room was a blanket fort held with the couches and coffee table, an framed with fairy lights. The sight was straight out of a little girl's dream. I could no longer hear the sound of dishes being done, which made me buzz with excitement. For the final touch, I turned off the lights in the living room, which must have caught Wilford's attention.

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I raised a brow at how dark and quiet the living room was. "Did they already go to bed?" I mumbled to myself as I entered the living room

My eyes grew wide at the sight before me. The center of the living room was a big blanket fort, with the fairy lights framing it being the only light source for the dark room. Y/N jumped in front of me, with their arms held out to present the structure "Tadaa! What do you think? Little girls from all around the world, eat your heart out!" They had the proudest look on their face, it was absolutely adorable. "Wait, wait, wait, you haven't even seen the inside yet!" Y/N grabbed ahold of my hand and pulled me to the fort entrance, they crawled in and waved for me to follow, I chuckled and crawled in too

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

My smile grew when I saw Wilford's surprised face "This is quite the fort you've made, Y/N" I patted the spot next to me, silently telling Wilford to come here "Hang on a second! One last thing..." I turned off the fairy lights inside the fort and turned on the star projector. Wilford and I watched as the fort was lit up with faint, rotating yellow little stars. He laughed, "What on Earth did you do all of this for?"

"I figured you would have insisted for me to sleep in my room and for you to sleep on the couch, and I wouldn't let that happen. So, I decided that we'd both sleep here instead of arguing over who gets the comfier place," I explained with a smile as I started to settle under my blanket.

Wilford let out a small chuckle and followed my lead, getting comfy under his blanket "I think you're the only one who would come up with such an elaborate set up like this just to solve a silly little issue." I flashed him a grin before I yawned, "Goodnight Wilford" My eyes were starting to close when I heard him whisper, "Goodnight Y/N"