44: Worries

Reader's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

"I think I should go...," I spoke finally breaking the tense silence that returned. I got up from the couch and made my way outside "I'll take you home," Wilford said after me. None of the others said anything as me and Wil left the living room.

It didn't take a genius to figure out that Dark was pissed, for whatever reason, I don't know. All I knew was, it's best to leave him to his own instead of interfering. I know it's selfish but... He's terrifying, and it would be best to just leave him to cool off. For both of our sakes.

My hand felt the warmth of another and I turned to see Wilford, he had a frown and his eyes were filled with worry "Are you okay?" I didn't want to see him so unhappy, so I looked away "I'm more worried for Dark," I sighed. "What could have gotten him so upset?" Wilford's hand squeezed mine "I don't know, Y/N... But what I do know is, it's best to leave him to his own devices when he gets like this. If anything, it'll make things worse if we try to help." That helped me calm down a little, and lessened the guilt I felt.

"Come on, let's get you home." Wilford squeezed my hand one more time before leading me to his car.

The ride home was quiet, understandable since we were both still pretty shaken up from earlier. I mean, Dark is someone special to both of us so it's fair that we were both really worried for the guy. "Hey, you should get some rest. I'd rather you fall asleep than spend the whole car ride stressing about him," Wilford said. I looked over at the reporter "That's a little hypocritical," I tried to lighten the mood. "I kind of have to stay awake, driving remember?" Wilford smiled a little "Just get some shut eye, and I'll try not to stress. Deal?" I gave a reassuring squeeze on his arm "Deal" Before resting against the window and finally taking a breather.

Wilford's POV
×~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~×

I looked over at Y/N to make sure that they were asleep. Their form was leaning against the window and their breathing was relaxed, they looked so peaceful. A sigh escaped my lips before I let go of the steering wheel and let myself relax. Thank goodness for reality-bending powers.

Whenever Dark is angry he blows up, it's not a quiet, seething ember, it's a roaring fire. Which made want happened earlier all the more terrifying. I almost don't want to go home... But I can't do that, I'm the strongest one there, second only to... So is it better for me to stay or not?

A humorless smile came onto my face as I let out a dry chuckle. Who am I kidding? I'm a coward whose just trying to find an excuse not to stay there.

I looked over at Y/N again and saw them resting peacefully. No, I can't do that to them...