Having Hope☽35☾

•|•

•|•

Flashback

"I just don't know about Jeremy waking up," Stefan said. "And I was hoping you and Matt could take her out for a bit."

"You think she'd be up for that?" Isabel asked bouncing lightly up and down, holding Rose on her chest near her her left shoulder, trying to burp the baby.

"I'll figure it out, Isabel." Stefan sighed. "Just can you please do this for me?"

"Since you asked so nicely..." She smiled a little. "Yes, I'll get Matt and we'll take her off of your hands for a little while. Just text me when."

End

"You brought me to the stoner pit?" Elena asked Isabel and Matt.

"We wanted you to see something," Matt said taking Elena's hand.

He lead them over to the wall of the building, the lower half of which is concrete and covered in graffiti. He dropped her hand and moved a desk out of the way to reveal one graffiti that said 'Vicki.'

Isabel stepped closer and ran a hand over the square black and white comic like graffiti with a small smile as Elena said, "Vicki."

"Remember when Jer was so into our sister?" Isabel asked, glancing up behind her at Elena.

Elena smiled at the memory. "When our parents died." She let out a breath. "It was his rebel phase."

Isabel stood back up as Matt said, "well Isabel and I found this after Vick died. It made us smile."

"And then there was this." Isabel walked over to the other end of the wall and moved a board out of the way to reveal another graffiti similar to the last in circular form; this one said 'J + V.'

"Jeremy and Vicki." The Gilbert girl read aloud. "Did he do that?"

Matt nodded. "After they found Vick's body, I remember thinking that things didn't feel over, you know, that there was no possible way that she could be gone forever. And then she wasn't. My point is, this town, this crazy-ass world we live in, sometimes not being willing to accept that someone is gone, is because maybe they're not...at least not completely." He told her.

"Is that really what you believe?" Elena asked, skeptical in his words.

"Yes." Matt answered honestly.