Date With The Devil☽29☾

•|•

•|•

"What do you mean you're not coming?" Caroline asked as she walked down the steps of the Lockwood Mansion with a clipboard in one hand and her phone in the other. "I don't need to remind you that your Miss Mystic Falls attendance record totally sucks."

A year ago Caroline had won Miss Mystic Falls while Isabel got second. Carol and the judges didn't want to show favoritism by having Isabel win with the Mayors son on her arm so she got second place. Which she was fine with because the look on Caroline's face as she realized she won made her losing worth it.

"Come on, Stef." Isabel pleaded from beside Caroline as she absentmindedly went through some papers the blonde vampire gave her. "You're a founding family member, and by being so you have to be here." Her eyes shoot to the phone for a second before she looked up to see a girl named Gabby arranging some flowers the wrong way. She looked at her chart and scanned it to see what the actual selection was before going to her, grabbing the flowers from her hands and rearranging them according to the flower chart.

"Try and make it this way each time. Please. Thank you." She offered a short smile before walking with Elena and listening to Stefan.

"Elena and I broke up. I don't need to be anywhere." Stefan retorted. He had been doing push ups all morning to keep himself cooled off when Caroline called him to ask if he was coming.

Caroline glanced at Isabel for a moment. "Did that sound as depressing to you as it did to me?"

"Yeah Stef. What you do shouldn't always revolve around Elena. That's sad."

"Oh, I'm not depressed or sad. I just want to rip into someone's artery and feed until I can't breathe anymore."

"Well, you can't." Caroline told him. "As your sober sponsor, I am not going to let that happen. Try and sublimate."

"She said she has feelings for Damon." He finally told them as a frown etched on his face. He stared up at the sky in hopelessness from his spot laying down in the woods.

"Oh. Gross." Isabel muttered. "Out of all the people..."

For a moment Isabel remembered a time where she didn't know about the supernatural creatures and that even if Damon had a bad boy type air around him she thought they could be friends. He was even the one to tell her about vampires when she saw Stefan's hand miraculously heal when it was cut and then when she spotted blood on Damon when she ran into him once. She had demanded answers and since she was wearing a beautiful old timey watch filled with vervain that Stefan had gotten her after learning her love for history, Damon couldn't compel her and she refused to go anywhere not public with him. So she got what she wanted and he promised not to hurt her or her friends if she kept quiet and she thought she could trust him. He was convincing and she wanted to see the good in a vampire like him. She thought they could be friends especially if Stefan was going to be hanging out with her to. But whatever she saw in him died when she found Caroline with bite marks and found out Vicki was a vampire because of him.