Figured Him Out☽19☾

•|•

•|•

"Ric?" Isabel called out once she reached the basement door of the Salvatore Boarding House.

She looked through the barred windows to see the history teacher sitting on a cot in the room. "Yep. Still me."

Maybe his alter ego was good at acting but she didn't feel threatened so she unlocked the door and entered the cell.

"You know, you shouldn't be in here. It defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing," Ric said as he watched Izzy drop the bag she had been carrying on the ground.

"Well, I figured you might still need some of the basics. Toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep. Always does it for me."

Alaric picked up one of the books and handed it to the teen wolf. "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde?"

"What? No, I grabbed.... god dammit Damon." She dropped the book on the floor with an annoyed eyeroll. "He thinks he's so damn hilarious."

"At least one of us still has a sense of humor," he said glumly.

"Are you sure that you are comfortable here?" She asked knowing it must not be very comfortable for him to be cooped up in a cellar. "I mean you don't have to be kept in here."

"Ah, no, this is...this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to fess up to where I or he hid the white oak stake."

"We have all looked everywhere. The other you, hid it to well. To bad he didn't take any tricks from Damon. It would have been much faster." She smiled slightly at her joke though it wavers. She sighed.

"What's Klaus gonna do if you can't find it?" He asked, clasping his hands together.

"Truthfully?" She asked while pulling up a chair to sit down in front of him. "I don't know. He always seems to surprise me. But it's the only thing that will kill him so I'm thinking it's not gonna be anything good."

"Thanks for the stuff Izzy. I appreciate it."

"I'm sorry Ric," was all she said.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Caroline and Isabel catch sight of Matt and walk over to him. "What is this?" His sister asked gesturing around to the people who are decorating for the 'Roaring 20s' decade dance.

"It's the decade dance." He told them. "Remember, you guys made us sign up to help?"

"No." Caroline picked up a boa while Isabel picked up a plum colored cloche wool hat with a plum and black colored flower and black ban. She slolwy put it on. It fell just above her eyes and over her ears. "This. Is the 20s. We're doing the 70s."