Winter Wonderland☽31☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel -with Rose in her arms- stood in front of a painting admiring the postmodern snowflake. She liked to look at all the details that the hybrid added. It looked a little lonely surrounded by brown and black but it was like a bright light; the only thing that stood out in the darkness.

Isabel smiled as she pointed at the things that Rose seemed interested in and talked to her baby about it.

Eventually, the blonde werewolf couldn't stand the eyes watching her so she looked over to see Nik staring at her. He smiled at her and she turned to face him.

"Are you here to steal Tiny Tim's crutches?" She asked while adjusting Rose on her hip.

"Dickens was a dark man. You would have liked him," Klaus said, walking around the table towards her and in front of his painting.

"Nice snowflake, by the way." Isabel complimented before turning back to look at the snowflake. Rose laid her head on her mother's chest as she to stared at the snowflake again.

"Is my work really that literal?" Nik asked referring to earlier today when Stefan commented on his snowflake.

"I'm serious. There's something..." She paused trying to think of her next words. "Lonely about it. But there's a brightness to it."

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment. Can I offer you some champagne?" Klaus asked.

"Can't. If you haven't noticed I have Rose with me and there are too many adult prying eyes." Isabel turned around to face Klaus who had closed the gap between them. "Don't want to be another high school cautionary tale at the next town meeting," she said referring to drinking as a teen with her child present which he caught onto.

"Well, then it's a good thing the high school part is nearly over."

They stare at each other for a brief moment, studying each other.

"Well If you're not going to leave me alone for a while, then I will definitely need that glass of champagne. And you'll need to help me hide it."

Klaus smiled and walked closer towards her. "Is that our thing?"

"We do not have a 'thing.'" She disagreed.

"It's a thing." He mused. "Allow me." The hybrid smiled at her again and walked away to get them some champagne.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫