New Me New School Year☽12☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel, Elena, Caroline, and Bonnie are in front of the school watching people pass by.

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline spoke up first.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked with pursed lips.

"Well, considering what we went through...maybe...maybe not." Isabel answered. Though she felt more like school just wasn't it for her anymore. But she's gonna power through the rest of it anyway.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline tried to be enthusiastic.

"You're right." Bonnie agreed. "I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?"

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid the day I get back from spending months with Klaus put a damper on my day," Isabel said sarcastically.

"And why should I let the fact that my friends are all miserable make me miserable on an otherwise great day?"

"Today's our anniversary." Elena started with a sad look. "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year."

"Yeah. Isabel wins." Caroline said. She threw an arm around Isabel and gave her a soft side hug.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked Elena.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life."

"What about you, Isabel? Do you really want to be here? Away from Rose?" Bonnie asked looking at their dirty blonde friend. Even if Bonnie and Izzy didn't talk much they had their moments.

"Yeah. I have to learn to be without her for a while. Plus I'll have Tyler with me. And like Elena said. New year. New me. I'm a werewolf now. Guess I should enjoy what I can of it."

Caroline and Bonnie looked at each other then follow Elena and Isabel into school.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Caroline stapled up a flyer on the wall which said 'Spirit Squad Back-to-school Bonfire," while Isabel held a stack she was suppose to hand out and supply to Caroline.

"I forgot about the bonfire." Elena told the two blondes.

"You have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year." Caroline told the carbon copy.