Mission Get Klaus: A Fail☽23☾

•|•

•|•

After Isabel got woken up by a frantic Caroline the night she passed out the two talked and cried until they both fell asleep next to each other.

"What happened?" Caroline asked with furrowed brows and worry in her deep blue eyes.

"I just- felt this pain and passed out. I don't remember much." Isabel admitted as tears fell silently down her face in streams.

"Oh Izzy." Caroline cooed before taking the girl in her arms and holding her tightly. "It's okay. You're okay... Comfort food?" She smiled as she looked down at the wolf then to the food she had sat on the foot of the bed in a panic when she saw her friend hyperventilating and crying yet seeming to be sleeping.

Isabel nodded her head quietly and Caroline knew she didn't want to move, still shaken from when she woke up. So she grabbed the food and they started to dine on Mel's dinner after Isabel stopped the tears and settled for just sniffling every once in a while.

"If you ever remember what happened and you need someone to talk to. I'll be here."

Caroline and Isabel spent most of the morning playing with Rose, eating ice cream, and watching kids development cartoons. Even if Rose didn't pay attention or understand what was going on Isabel decided to put it on anyway.

But it all got interrupted when Carol and Liz had informed Caroline, Isabel, and Tyler about the council and that they all had to leave.

Isabel agreed to leave knowing it would be best for Rose. And the three decided on leaving together.

But a few minutes later she had gotten a call from Elijah telling her what happened to Nik and if she would help his sister in retrieving his body. It took a bit of convincing and planning before Isabel agreed knowing if she got the hybrid to safety she'd be doing her job and saving her friends.

So here she was in the elevator with Rebekah in silence till the Original said, "do you care for my brother?"

"I kind of have to." Isabel shrugged as she avoided looking in Rebekah's direction.

"Not in the way you are thinking, sunshine."

Her face contorted into confusion before she realized what she meant. "Oh- I, uh! No. I just- he's annoying and gets under my skin and I have to protect him. Just like I have to protect you."

Rebekah smirked, knowing her answer even if the blonde werewolf didn't. "Mhm..."

The elevator rung and the two blondes stepped out, looking around for the raven haired vampire.