Softening Heart☽34☾

•|•

•|•

Isabel spent some time with Liz since she was lonely without Caroline and planned to do Kols memorial with Rose but Liz had begged for Rose to stay again so they could spend more time together. Isabel was surprised Liz wanted to spend her day with her baby but decided to let Liz have some company until Caroline came back.

Isabel then proceeded to have Kols memorial after getting Klaus to cough up where he had Kols coffin.

Flashback

She left the front part of the coffin open so she could speak to his body one last time. She hoped he was here with her so he could hear her.

"No one else is able to be here for this but I can't just let you go without putting your body at rest. So here I am," she whispered before clearing her throat. "I even wrote a letter. Pathetic right?" she laughed lamely.

She pulled the card out of her back pocket. "I only knew you for about three months but that was enough to know you had a good heart. You wanted family, love, and acceptance. You were certainly a flirt but you were also fun, nice, charming, and a great friend. I enjoyed our talks." She sighed. "I wish we could've had more though."

She looked up as the tears blurred her vision. "Uh, I wish you peace. And I just wanted to let you know that I'll smile when I remember you. And I promise to tell Rose about you. She'd want to know who her favorite uncle was."

A tear dropped on her paper before she put it away. "I guess that's it." She let out a breath and she pat his chest. "Goodbye Mikaelson."

Over her shoulder, Kol frowned deeply. "Goodbye Donovan."

End

Shortly after she was called by Tyler to bring her laptop to help get the cure for their friends. At first, she was hesitant but he convinced the werewolf that Elena and Rebekah really wanted that cure and she could help them get it.

So she showed up with her laptop in her hands while she walked in the Gilbert home to see Tyler had already made it there with the sword wrapped in a blanket.

"I'm just trying to help my friends find the cure." Tyler answered whatever question Klaus asked as Isabel sat on the couch, and Tyler revealed the sword from the blanket. "Found this in your attic."

"And you think finding the sword brings you closer to the cure?" Klaus questioned the hybrid from his seat on the coffee table.

"You tell me. I was playing around with the handle on the ride over, and I found this," Tyler said, unwrapping the leather on the top of the sword, revealing some sort of turning device.