J.M- broken leg

No pov.

today we all had the day off. it was agreed upon everyone that we were just going to hang out in the living room and watch movies or something. just have today be a little lazy day.

at around noon we were all just lounging around. not really having a care in the world at this point. jonah and corbyn were focused on the harry potter movie that they had put on, daniel was scrolling through twitter, and jack and zach had cuddled up into eachother and fell asleep.

corbyns pov

"ill be right back, i gotta use the bathroom." i stand up and stretch from the couch.

"want me to pause the movie?" jonah says leaning forward to grab the remote.

"nah its ok." i walk off to the bathroom and do my business. but once i start walking back the hallway light switches off. i go over to the light switch and flip it a couple times but nothing happens. it just stays off. i walk back out to the living room and focus on jonah and motion him up to me. he doesn't seem to even see me standing by the kitchen.

"Jonah, come here please." i call over to him as he stands up and follows me to the kitchen. "the light went out in the hallway by the bathroom. want to help me fix it?" it wasn't something too keep secret but i didn't need the other boys getting in the way.

"i can do it bean, you can go relax." he says walking over to the closet to grab stuff.

"you sure J? i can help if you need it?"

"nah i can do it. if i need help ill call you, ok?" i nod back to him as we part. i make my way back to the couch and he continues grabbing stuff for the light.

Jonahs pov

the light was too high up for me to reach as it was a tall ceiling hallway. i go to grab a ladder from the closet and a light bulb from on top of the fridge. i set up the ladder and shove the light bulb in my hoodie pocket as i begin to climb the ladder. only one step up, i realize the ladder was uneven so it became even harder to balance. once at the top i go to unscrew the blown bulb but it was out of my reach. i lift my heels up and go for another reach when am still a couple inches to far. i take one more step as i get to a place on the ladder your not supposed to stand on and approach the light bulb again. i didnt know how it was possible but im still too far away. again on my toes i start to go to grasp the bulb but feel the ladder shake and i lose my balance.

i fall to the floor and land with a thud and don't realize it before its to late. the ladder comes tumbling down to me and lands straight on my leg. i felt a large crack in my lower leg and scream out in agony as a sharp pain ran up through my leg.

"UGHH FUCKING SHIT!!!" i scream not even caring that we had a young teenager in the house.

daniels pov

i didn't even realize Jonah was off the couch until i heard two loud thuds coming from the back hallway. the thuds woke up the two sleeping boys next to me on the couch and were soon followed by a loud scream, Jonah's scream.

"UGHH FUCKING SHIT!!!" after that all of us on the couch jump up from the activities we were doing and run to Jonah.

running into the back hall i see him laying on the ground with a ladder on his leg that was slightly bleeding. i approach him and wipe the tears away from his eyes. he lets out many painful sobs.

"hey hey hey Jonah what happened??!" he screws his eyes shut as jack, Corbyn and Zach lift the ladder off his leg.

"i-i- i was t-trying to s-switch th-the light b-bulb, but th-the ladder slipped a-and i f-fell off and it landed on my l-leg. HOLY SHIT OWW FUCK!!!" he lets out a ear piercing scream.