The Quick Transaction

Before you read, please remember that the music goes along with the story, the overall mood, and the character's intentions. Play the music while you read so you can feel the mood. 

Also another note, these are two new characters that will be introduced into the story. They both have different feelings, emotions, moods, and writing style. One character's writing style is italics and she doesn't get to the point, unlike the other character. His writing style is bold and he's straightforward. I hope yall like these next few chapters!!! <3

.....

July 23rd, 1993

The air is so clear and thick. I've never been here before. Devante was right when he said this city is sum else. As I'm walking to Downtown Memphis, I notice the people. So lively. So soulful. So damn loud. I walk past a gift shop called the "Hard Rock Cafe" and take pictures of the building itself and the trees on the side of it. Before I could take another picture of the trees my pager goes off. Ugh. Right in the middle of my creativity. Let me go ahead and answer it. might just be work. I look around to see the nearest payphone. Thank Allah and God I saw one. There was one in front of a tattoo shop. So I crossed the street, walked towards the payphone and looked at my pager. The numbers I saw were 911 and 121. I got nervous after seeing those numbers. 911 means to call me now and 121 means I need to talk to you. I grabbed four quarters and shoved all of them on the payphone. I  dialed a phone number and asked for the person who needs me. I was connected through and I was on the phone with them. "Hello!", I  said anxiously. "I'm so glad you called me. There's something I need you to do.", the person of my interest said. "What do you need me to do?", I asked. "Go in the tattoo shop and ask for Joesph. He'll give you $75 and a ride.", they said. "To where?", I asked. "To Tom Lee Park. We have to talk about business and her.", they said. "Okay. I'll be on my way there.", I said. "Okay. Hey wait....", they said. "Yeah?", I said. "I love you, Anastasia.", they said. I grinned and replied with, "I love you too and see you." After that, I hung the payphone up. I blew a breath of relief. I knew what I'm doing is right. I knew I made the right choice. I walked inside the tattoo shop and looked around. When I entered inside, eyes were just staring at me. It kind of felt weird but I know I'll get used to it. I saw a red and black counter with a man standing behind it counting all of his money. I walked up to him and asked, "Do you know a man named Joesph? I was told to see him." The man looked at me with his furry eyebrows. They remind me of Devante's. "Follow me.", he said. I followed him and we walked towards the exit sign and went out of the shop. We then kept walking until we were in an alley. I think the street's name is named "General Washburn's Alley". Memphis has got to be in the Guinness World Record for having too many churches on too many streets and having the weirdest street, avenue, boulevard, and alley names in history. We waited for ten minutes and the man who was with me has gone through two packs of cigarettes. The man could be the next Thomas the Engine Train the way he smokes. And just when I thought the man was about to go through another pack, an older black man comes towards us. "Hey, how yall doing?", the older man said. "Hey, Mr.Joesph. I'm fine what about you?", the younger man said. "So Trent, you said somebody wanted to see me. Where are they?", the old man asked. "She's right.", Trent said while grabbing my hand gently to meet with Joseph's hand. "Hey, young lady. You look really familiar. Can you tell me your name?", he asked me. "Oh, my name is Anastasia. Anastasia Mantis. We met at Hoochie Burger in Detriot back in '91 with..", I said before Joesph interrupted me with, "Oh yes yes yes. I remember now! How have you been?" Joesph hugged me and I hugged him back and said, "I've been fine. I see you haven't aged at all. I just got a call from him and he wanted me to give you this. I gave him $75 from my colorful windbreaker and my Tommy Hilfiger overalls pocket.