I'm Hoping You Get This Message

Devante's POV cont.

Holy shit. I can't believe it. Zhen wrote me letter. My heart is beating so fast right now. I don't know if I really want to read or not? "Come on De. You been waiting for three weeks. Go ahead and read it.", Dalvin said. "I'm a lil nerovus. I don't know if she said something bad.", I said. "But you don't know if she said sum good either.", Dalvin said. Nigga do gotta point tho. "Just read it already.", he said. "Fine. I'll read it but if there's anything negative in the letter, I'll never read this again.", I said. "Sounds a lil fucked up but alright.", Dalvin said. I gently opened the letter and sighed nervously.  I grabbed the letter and started to read it aloud.

Zhen's Letter To Me

Dear Devante Swing,

My name is Zhen Na Fang but you might simply know me as Zhen, Princess or just BabyGirl. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the diamond tiara you gave as a little girl. I wore the tiara for 2 years straight and then after that I don't know what happened to it. Devante, I'm sorry about what went down in '01 with the motorcycle accident and everything. I guess my parents never thought y'all problem would effect me. It doesn't effect me in a bad way but in a mysterious way. I can't describe this weird feeling I'm having but it feels like you're supposed to have a deeper meaning in my life. I'm, assuming that you might know my granddad, William Ways the Voodoo Man. He gave six cards. The first card is purple and has the number 48 on it. The second card is dark blue and has the name "Renee" on it. The third card has the word "smile" and it's yellow. Fourth card is red and has the Aquarius and Libra zodiac signs together and the fifth card is green and has the words "To have the satisfied, sophisticated, and sensual soul" but the words are light brown. And the last card has every color on it and it has a question mark on it as well. The question mark is black,white, and gray. Do you know what any of that stuff could mean? I'm just asking. Well, I guess you could consider this as the end of this letter. If you ever get this letter, just know that I highly respect you and my parents are sorry if they hurt you in any kind of way. They really want to see and I would like to talk to you soon.

Well Peace,

Princess

I slowly and gently placed the letter down on the table. "Devante? you good?", Dalvin asked. "Yeah I'm real good.", I said. "You sure?", Dalvin asked. "I think so.", I said. 

To be continued.....