Ladies In The House

Zhen's POV cont.

"Fine. Everybody, let's head to room 420.", I said. Everybody walked to room 420 and I knocked on the door. A woman was opening the door for us. "Wassup Zhen.", the woman said. I looked at the woman and she was.....Ocelean. "Aye. I didn't know you were coming, Zhen.", Ocelean said to me. "Same to you but can you let all four of us in?", I asked her. "Hey Otis. Been a long ass time since I seen you.", Kaylan said. "What's good Kevin? And you right  it has been a real long ass time.", Ocelean said. "I don't mean to interrupt yall lil family matters reunion but can you let us in damn.", I said. "Nigga don't rush me. Shit. This fucking door is heavy as shit.", Ocelean said while opening the door. Kaylan, Mom, Devante, and I finally made it to Missy's listening party.

....

Kaylan's POV.

After we finally got in the fucking room, I decided to get something to drink. As I was walking towards a blue cooler and reaching for a fruit punch bottle, I felt someone's presence behind me. Something in me just told me to turn around and I did. And when I turned around, my eyes were blessed by a handsome man. "My bad. I didn't mean to come from behind you like that.", Devante said. "You good.", I said while opening my bottle and taking a sip of it. "Soooo, your Zhen's cousin?", Devante asked me. "Yeah, first cousin.", I said. "How? You gotta be Teresa's daughter, right?", he asked. "Yup.", I said. Look...There's so many things yall have to understand. I know this kinda caught yall off-guard considering the fact that Ocelean nor Zhen ever brought the fact up but...I like to EVERYTHING private including my family business and my siblings. "Damn. I never knew Teresa had another daughter. Anyways...what do you even do, Kaylan?", Devante asked. ohhh, he's trying to be friendly?  Let's see how well he can handle my quickness. "So Devante....How good are you with producing music?", I asked him. "I'm straight with it. I could do better but other than that I'm cool.", Devante said. Okay okay. Tall, brown-skinned, handsome, and humble. Zhen is gonna enjoy riding his face.

......

Zhen's POV

I see Kaylan and Devante are budding up. They cute or whateva. I grab myself a strawberry drink. I'm not into alcohol. That shit burns my gotdamn chest. As I turn my head, I see that my mom is approaching my way. "Hey.", I said. "Hey.", Mom said. "I'm so nervous.", I said to her. "Why?", mom asked me. "Because Devante and I are finally seeing each other in 18 years. I don't know what to say to him. I feel like if I say something off, he might not like it or he won't know what I'm trying to say.", I said. "Well Zhen.....I can't really say anything because I'm kinda nervous too. But I think when it's time for you and him to talk. It'll be in the right time.", she said. She was right. There are still some issues that need to be resolved between my mom and Devante. I gotta do it at the right time.

....Three hours later....

Devante's POV.

It's 11:11 pm right now and people are starting to get ready to leave. I'm looking around and I see mostly women still drinking their glass of wine and men getting ready to leave. "Yo D, we bout to go. You coming?", my friend, Kentrell said. "Naw. I'm staying with the ladies and just keep my glass filled up.", I said. "Aight. Peace.", Kentrell said. "Peace.", I said while throwing up the peace sign at him. Kentrell and the rest of the men left and it was just me and the ladies.

To be continued...