After Hours

It was 3 a.m. in the morning. Fenty was leaving her workplace at the salon. She had just got done with doing a two-hour process of making a closure for a woman whose real hair stopped at her midback.

Fenty's POV cont.
"I know you tired ash girl, your fingers was doing gang signs and shit on Coko's head.", my fav coworker/ friend, Trina, said. "Coko should be happy that I had the patience that I did. I was gonna ask you could you do it", I said while laughing. "Bitch you already know I don't fuck with Coko's coconut head ass like that.", Trina said. I laughed. I just love messing with Trina about Coko. Coko is a regular customer that comes into the salon everyday or every month depending on what hairstyle she wants. Oh and surprise surprise Coko and Trina are cousins. Ikr, that sounds like bullshit but it's true. Trina explained to me how she and Coko thought they were just good close friends until they were in 6th grade. They've always went to the same school in every grade. They even graduated together. Don't worry bout Trina not fucking with Coko right now, she just a lil upset that Coko bought the last straight Mongolian hair. "Trina you know damn well you love yo cousin.", I said still laughing. Trina looked at me with smirk on her face. Yeah she know I'm right. "Well ima call you when I hit home.", Trina said smiling her ass off. "Ight and if you don't keep yo word about calling me, I'm coming to yo house and I'm taking that uglyass Betty Boop purse you like.", I said. Me and her always joke about her uglyass Betty Boop purse she bought when she first started working ay the salon with me. We both laughed and got in our cars. Trina was the first to pull off and drive. I waited a minute or two because my phone had vibrated.

..........

It was 3:33 a.m. in the morning. Dyana was asleep for the night in her room that Devanté made for her. Devante's house was completely silent and dark. Devanté was in his room trying to go to sleep but something was in his mind.

Devanté's POV.
Damn. I completely forgot that Dyana told me to text Fenty back. Damn, she's gone be so pissed at me. I grabbed my phone from my counter and unlocked it. Then I started to text her.

My Text Messages
Me: Sorry, I forgot to text you back
Fenty: Its okay I had to go to work anyways plus I just got off lol
Me: Damn overachieving ass nigga
Fenty: I am not overachieving. I just do my job. Oh yeah, are we still on for the Latin Patent?
Shit. I didn't know about that. Fuck i gotta play it off.
Me: Yeah we still on for Latin Patent.
Fenty: Okay but what time are we meeting up again? I forgot.
Did Dyana even give her a time? I checked the messages from earlier today. And she didn't. Well this is kinda a let down. I gotta do everything myself I see.
Me: I can't tell you that. All you need to is that you have to come in the afternoon.
Fenty: Why the afternoon?
Me: I'll tell you later.
Fenty: Well what about the day? You never told me what day.
Man Dyana be leaving bitches, not to offend Fenty, hopeless with no knowledge.
Me: Tomorrow.
Fenty: Tomorrow as tomorrow or today?
Bitch....what? Wtf does she mean tomorrow or today? I just said tomorrow. I know y'all fucking read that I clearly said TOMORROW but okay.
Me: Tomorrow as the next day lol.
Fenty: I'm sorry I asked that stupid ass question. You mysterious and I just wanted to know one thing.
You right. That was a stupid ass question but ima let that shit go.
Me: Well at least you know now lol.

Our conversation kept going and going. We were talking about her family, my family, religion, global warming, well you know other weird shit. And I gotta say she's a fascinating young lady.

...........

Fenty's POV cont.
I finally made it home. Finally I'm at my fucking house. I was still texting Devanté. Omg, this nigga is funny, sweet, smart, and real cool. We were talking about my family, his family, religion, global warming, hair, and other weird shit talking with it. I walked up towards my door and I was trying to open my door. I couldn't focus cuz I was texting Devanté. I heard footsteps inside of my house. My door was rattling like someone was opening up the door. A tall 5'11 light caramel man stood in front of door with exercise gear on.