Flipping Through Pages (Part 2)

...The Next Day...

Zhen's POV cont.

Damn. I must've overslept because the room started feeling hot which meant that it was the afternoon on the west side of Oregon.  It wasn't like a heat stroke hot but like when the sun hits your skin for too long kinda hot if that made sense. I looked over at my dresser and saw the addresses and grabbed them. "Hey Mom, I got the addresses if you're looking for them.", I said while going downstairs to the living room.  "I thought I lost them at first.", mom said to me. I placed them down on the table just like I did last night. We found 7 addresses from the 6 magazines we looked at. We found the following addresses:

   Calm Springs Rd., Providence, Rhode Island 02804

The Rochester Recording Factory, Rochester, New York 14604

Great World Apartments, Middletown, Rhode Island 02842

2023 West Coast Oaks, Los Angeles, California 90001

Parkings Street, Charlotte, North Carolina 28205

13th Street, Buffalo, New York 10033

Polly Olive apt #6, Yonkers, New York 10041

"We need to eliminate some of these addresses after we find the other 5.", I said. "We got all 12 of them now.", mom said calmly. Uhhh wtf. "How? We just had 7.", I asked with a confused look on my face. "Well while you passed out in your bed, I grew tired of waiting on you with these damn magazines so I decided to find the rest of them. We got 1 in Oklahoma, 1 in North Carolina and 3 in Michigan.", she said. "Now we can start crossing out at least 2 to 5 address.", I said. "I can cross out a good 6.", mom said while chuckling at all of the addresses. "Where did Devante live at when you and Dad were close to him?", I asked. "Before he left the party, Devante told us he moved again and was living in California.", mom said. I made a notation on our list with the addresses on it to make sure I wouldn't cross it out. "Devante is a house-bouncer.", mom said. "What the hell is that?", I asked. "A house-bouncer is someone who likes to bounce around into different houses.", she said. "You mean like how Trey is always moving somewhere new every 9 months?", I asked because I was still confused. "Yes nigga. Trey is a house-bouncer.", mom said in a monotone. "And Devante never moved up in the North because he said it was too damn cold. The only state in the North he EVER lived in was only New York.", mom said. I crossed out Michigan and Rhode Island. "He never lived in the South too long because the studios in the South are smaller compared to the studios in the West and East Coast.", she said. I crossed out Oklahoma. "How many addresses do you have now?", mom asked me. "I got 6 addresses now.", I said. Damn. I thought she was just exaggerating when she said she cross half of them. So now our list is looking a little different. This is how the list looks like now.

Our Updated List

The Rochester Recording Factory, Rochester, New York 14604

2023 West Coast Oaks , Los Angeles, California 90001

Parkings Street, Charlotte, North Carolina 28205

13th Street, Buffalo, New York 10033

Polly Olive apt #6, Yonkers, New York 10041

Quarter Heights, Charlotte, North Carolina 28110

I looked at the list and I was shook. We're actually doing this shit. I'm finna write a letter to a celebrity who was tight with parents. This shit crazy as hell. I feel like i'm dreaming...but I need to wake tf up and write this letter. "You ready?", mom asked. "Yeah...I think. What if he doesn't respond back?", I asked. Mom sighed and said, "If he doesn't respond back....that means he's still made at me for what I said to him." I grabbed 6 sheets of paper, sat down on the couch, placed the paper on table and I was...mortified really. I don't know how he's gonna react to me, someone he cared for but has forgotten about him, writing a letter to him. He might be mad and burn the paper up just from looking at my name but who knows how the hell this man will react except God. I took deep breaths and exhaled slowly to calm myself down. I felt my mom's hands rubbing on shoulders. "Just say how you feel when you write these letters. Don't sound too angry if you are or too desperate.", she said. And with that, I moved the pencil and words started to form on the first sheet of paper.

Dear Devante Swing,

My name is Zhen Na Fang but you might simply know me as Zhen, Princess or just BabyGirl. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the diamond tiara you gave as a little girl. I wore the tiara for 2 years straight and then after that I don't know what happened to it. Devante, I'm sorry about what went down in '01 with the motorcycle accident and everything. I guess my parents never thought y'all problem would effect me. It doesn't effect me in a bad way but in a mysterious way. I can't describe this weird feeling I'm having but it feels like you're supposed to have a deeper meaning in my life. I'm, assuming that you might know my granddad, William Ways the Voodoo Man. He gave six cards. The first card is purple and has the number 48 on it. The second card is dark blue and has the name "Renee" on it. The third card has the word "smile" and it's yellow. Fourth card is red and has the Aquarius and Libra zodiac signs together and the fifth card is green and has the words "To have the satisfied, sophisticated, and sensual soul" but the words are light brown. And the last card has every color on it and it has a question mark on it as well. The question mark is black,white, and gray. Do you know what any of that stuff could mean? I'm just asking. Well, I guess you could consider this as the end of this letter. If you ever get this letter, just know that I highly respect you and my parents are sorry if they hurt you in any kind of way. They really want to see and I would like to talk to you soon. 

   Well Peace,

Princess

And with that, I finished my FIRST letter out of six. I placed the letter into the envelope and sealed it. I sighed. "How do you feel?", mom asked me. "I feel..kinda exposed to a stranger.", I said. "Well...he isn't a stranger. Just think of him as an old friend you haven't seen in a while.", mom said. "I'll send it out.", she added."Hold on. I gotta put one of these addresses on here but I don't know which one I want to put.", I said while looking at the list carefully. Mom looked at the list and frowned. I looked at her and said, "What?" "I think you should try the California address.", mom said. "Why that one?", I asked. "Because sometimes people can be closer than you really think and plus that was the last state he told us he was staying in before he left.", she said. I thought about it and realized that she was kinda right. People might seem far away but in actuality they closer than what you think. So I wrote down the California address which is 2023 West Coast Oaks , Los Angeles, California 90001 and my address on it as well. I gave her  the envelope and she sent it out. I can't believe it. The first letter was sent out. I had five more to send but this first one is really nerve wrecking. I just hope that if he gets one of the six letters, he'll react to it a good way and that he'll write back...hopefully.