Hallway Discussions

...Three hours later...

Devante's POV.

It's 11:11 pm right now and people are starting to get ready to leave. I'm looking around and I see mostly women still drinking their glass of wine and men getting ready to leave. "Yo D, we bout to go. You coming?", my friend, Kentrell said. "Naw. I'm staying with the ladies and just keep my glass filled up.", I said. "Aight. Peace.", Kentrell said. "Peace.", I said while throwing up the peace sign at him. Kentrell and the rest of the men left and it was just me and the ladies.

...

Zhen's POV

All of the men left the party . "Now since of all the men are gone we can really have fun.", my mom said. "Mmhm. I know that's right.", all of the women said in the room. I heard footsteps behind me. The rest of the ladies and I turned our heads and saw Devante. "So what yall about to do?", Devante asked while sipping wine in  a glass wine. "You already know D. Puff puff pass and drinking competitions.", Missy said. "Oh really?', I asked. "Yeah really. Something's wrong.", Missy asked me. "No, there's nothing wrong. I just don't smoke....or drink.", I said. "Awwww.", all of the women said including my mom said. "Well....Devante be useful and keep her company somewhere else.", Missy said. "Now hold the fuck up. She's a grown woman. She can make her decisions on what she wants to do.", Devante said. okay okay. he respects me. "I'm just gonna go home. It was nice seeing and dancing with yall.", I said while walking towards the door. "Byeeeee.", the women said. I opened the door and left from the party.  I sighed with a little disappointment. "I'm always the one person who doesn't do anything.", I said to myself. I made to the elevators and pressed the down button. The elevator doors opened for me and I was about to go in but something grabbed my hand. I turned around and.... it was him. "Hey.", Devante said. "Hey.", I said. I looked at our hands for awhile. "Oh sorry. I just came here to give you this.", Devante said. He gave me my purse. "You left this in there.", Devante said. "I didn't even notice I had left the shit in there.", I said. "Thank you.", I said. "No problem.", he said. We stared at each other in silence. 

....

Devante's POV

We just stared at each other in silence. I looked around the room and noticed that my room door was still open. "Ummm..so I was thinking that maybe...we could possibly do something..together?", I shyly asked. "Like what?", Zhen asked. "Maybe go get something to eat, see something, anything...to catch up.", I said. Zhen looked at me with an emotionless expression. please say something. 

....

Zhen's POV

"Maybe go get something to eat, see something, anything...to catch up.", Devante said. I looked at him with an emotionless expression. idk idk idk. but...i have to take a chance. who knows this may be the last time we see each other. I smiled at him and said, "How about we go to your room and do something?" Devante looked at me with a surprised look on his face. 

....

Devante's POV

I looked at her with a surprised look on my face. damn this escalated quickly. Zhen looked at me with a concerned look on her face. I didn't think that she even wanted to do anything me let alone come to my room...again.  Man, I don't know but...i have to take a chance. we may never know this may be the last time we see each other. So I smirked at her and said, "Yeah...well.. let's go to my room."

....

Zhen's POV

"Yeah...well.. let's go to my room.", Devante said. oh my god. he actually said yes. HE SAID YES. I thought I was coming off too strong. Ohh thank you Jesus Christ. I smiled at him and said, "let's go to Room 414." We walked our way to Devante's room. The door was already open so we just stepped inside easily. After that, Devante gently closed the door. we're finally gonna talk one-on-one. 

to be continued....