Mommy and Me

Zhen and Yvette (remember Yvette is Zhen's momma) were driving to Yvette's parents house. They wanted to know about "this weird feeling" Zhen was talking about. Yvette's parents house wasn't too much of a drive. Their house was just an hour away.
Within that hour, they finally arrived to the house. The grass was green but you could tell it was fake. The stairs were wide and had a brick pattern. The house gave Yvette memories of all the good and bad times she was in that house.

Zhen's POV"You ready to get your question answered?", Mom asked

Zhen's POV
"You ready to get your question answered?", Mom asked. I inhaled slowly but exhaled quick. "Yeah, I think I'm ready", I said. My mom and I got out of the car and began walking towards the stairs. Each step we took I became more nervous. We finally reached up to the door and we heard music playing. Before my mom knocked on the door, she turned around and looked at me. "What?", I said. "Zhen, you need to calm down. Everything's fine.", she said. "But what if it's something bad? What if it's another prediction? What if it's.." "Stop worrying. Stop with the what if's. This feeling you said you've been having should be a good feeling with good purposes and good intentions not bad. Now come on, so I can open this door", She interrupted. I had to admit she was right. Usually when i have these "weird feelings" they come true. I remember one time, I had a weird feeling about my old best friend named Austin. I told my mom about it and she said I might be a "physic". I didn't believe her because I didn't and I still don't believe in physics. Three days later, Austin died. He was walking home from math tutoring and a gang was approaching his way. I don't know if they mistaken him for someone else or what but they had beaten him to death. After that, they placed his body in an old abandoned house and burned it. I couldn't believe that something I somewhat saw came true. I was only 11 years old when he died. He was only 13 years old when he died. I was and I still am terrified of these "weird feelings" I have. "Zhen... Zhen...Zhen come on open the door", My mom said. I got out of my thoughts and opened the door. The music blasted through our ears. It was "Got to give it up" by Marvin Gaye.

I saw all of my cousins on my mom's side. I even saw my least favorite auntie. She always thinks that we trying to steal her fur coat. I don't know why she thinks that because her fur coat smells like cigarettes and burnt hair. But I did see my favorite cousin named Ocelean who was on the phone talking to someone. I remember how I used to get jealous of how Ocelean's hair is. That little jealously I had ended when my mom told me that Ocelean was biracial just like me. She's half black and half Indian and us being biracial brought us closer than I thought. I thought she was a stuck up diva but in reality she's the coolest, smoothest, and realest person I have ever met in my life.

 I thought she was a stuck up diva but in reality she's the coolest, smoothest, and realest person I have ever met in my life

She looked up and smiled when she saw me. "Hey Nia", Ocelean said. "Heyyyy Ocean", I said excitedly. We gave each other nicknames when we were 15 years old. Ocelean's nicknames are Ocean and Ol' Lean. I gave her the name Ol' Lean because one time for Halloween she was dressed in an all purple costume. Her dad called used to call her "Leany" so I made a connection and thought of Ol' lean plus he had constantly buying purple drinks. Her mom gave her the name Ocean when she was 3 years old because of how much she loved the oceans all thanks to that damn Pocahontas movie. I don't know why Ocelean gave me Nia as a nickname but I like alot. It reminds of Nia Long tbh. "So what you been up to Nia?", Ocelean said. "Nothing much. I just came to see grandad. What's up with you?", I asked. "Shit everything. I'm going to an open house at UCLA, I'm graduating from this cooking class I'm taking, and I'm taking my driver license test next month.", Ocelean said. "Damn. I know that's alot on your plate.", I said. There was an awkward silence between us. Ocelean turned her head towards me. "What Ocean?", I said. Ocean started smiling at me. "Are you still looking at those magazines and pictures?", she said while laughing. How does she even know about that? "Yeah I still am and who told you I was doing that?", I said while turning my head towards her. "Your mom told me a week ago.", She said. "She can't keep a secret at all", I said. "Well that's your mom", Ocean said while laughing harder than she did before. I just straight faced her the whole time she was laughing. "Ok ok I'm done. But I have to ask you something.", Ocean said. "What is it?", I said with a serious tone. "You wanna see this magazine I got in the purple room?", She playfully asked. "Hoe fuck you", I said. We both laughed and went upstairs. We both stopped laughing when we saw the purple door. It had "Vuice Room" all over the door. Ocean and I both looked at each other. "You gone open the door right?", I asked. "Hell naw, I was just playing.", Ocean said. "Rock paper scissors?", I said. "Yup.", she said. "And 2 out of 3", she added. "Ight. Bet", I said. We played rock, paper, scissors. Unfortunately, I lost twice and only had 1 win. "Hahaha now open up this creepy ass door loser", Ocean said. I straight faced her again. This is some bullshit. She only won cuz she kept throwing paper. When we get done I'm asking for a rematch cuz she cheated. Before I even touched the door knob, Ocean said something. "Nigga I can not hear you. Speak up.", I said. "I said knock on the door first. I don't want to see some shit that was never meant to be seen", she said. Only this bitch would say "knock on the door" when she's not even opening the fucking door. I knocked on the door 3 times. Each time I knocked there was a silence. I looked back at Ocean and she looked back to me. "Can I open the door now?", I asked her. "Yeah but if I see some weird shit, I'm gone.", Ocean said. I slowly opened the door. I heard footsteps. It sounded like someone was coming upstairs. I looked around and I saw Ocean's dumbass on the stairs. "Bitch. Where the fuck are you going?", I said. "Downstairs where it's safe at obviously.", Ocean said. "Bring yo ass back up here. You wanted me to open this damn door.", I semi-yelled at her. "Do I have to?", Ocean asked. This dumbass bitch here man. "Bring yo ass here.", I yelled. "Okay okay damn. But I just wanna say that I wasn't even scared.", she said. I just looked at her. I couldn't find anymore words to say to Ocean at this point. I opened up the door and saw pictures of celebrities in bloody red picture frames. We both looked all around the room. We saw voodoo dolls, spell books, and the zodiac signs. "What the fuck is this?", Ocean said. "I don't know but I think grandad is weird.", I said. I looked at all the pictures but I saw one picture that grandad wasn't in. It was a picture of someone who I've been constantly reading about. It was Devanté Swing.

"Who is that fine ass nigga?", Ocean said

"Who is that fine ass nigga?", Ocean said. "That's Devanté Swing. He's from Jodeci.", I said. He's also known as Daddy lol I'm jp. Or was I? "Wow fangirl, I guess you reading those old ass magazines and shit might be a good thing.", she said. I knew she was being sarcastic. I am not a fangirl. I just really like reading. "You know...it would be nice if y'all could've just told me y'all wanted to come in here with my permission.", the voice said. Damn. Just when I actually started to like this room. We both turned around and saw the person who was talking. "Why y'all in here?", the voice said. "I lost rock paper scissors and Ocean told me to open the door.", I said truthfully. "But I was just playing when I said open the door.", Ocean stupidly said. Maneeeee Ocelean stfu and let me set ourselves free with the truth. "Sorry grandad. We just wanted to see how the Vuice Room looks like.", I said. "And it looks creepy", Ocean added. "Y'all good. Just ask me next time when y'all come over.", Grandad said. Ocean and I walked out of the room. We were about to go downstairs but my mom came up. Damn. Damn. Damn. There was a horrible but awkward silence towards me, mom, Ocelean, and Grandad. Bruhhhh what in the entire fuck. Fuck my life.