Days Go By

Time has passed. Nobody hasn't gotten anything as of yet. But hey today is Friday and maybe things can be spiced up with something exciting.

Devante's POV cont.

It's been three weeks since I wrote Zhen that letter. I've been a very patient man but this shit was taking forever and of course, Dalvin uglyass was at my house. "Did you finally get a letter back?", Dalvin asked. "Did it look like I got a letter back?", I asked. "Nigga just answer the question.", Dalvin said. "No, I didn't get a letter.", I said. "How long has it been since you sent your letter out?", he asked. "It's been three weeks.", I said. Dalvin sighed. "Damn man. I thought at least you would get a respond by two weeks but this is just ridiculous.", he said. "I know. I knew that they would react badly to it.", I said blatantly. "Look De...it's probably just the mailing process taking too long. You know sometimes yo mail be coming in late as hell.", Dalvin said. "I don't know man. ", I said. I kinda feel like I wasted my time with this but...at the same time I'm hoping that it is just the mailing process. I pray to God it is. We heard someone knocking at the front door. "Umm...Mr. DeGrate? Mr. DeGrate? Mr. DeGrate?", a voice said. Whoever the fuck is knocking on my door gotta be from the police academy cuz they knocking on it like they the fucking police. What the hell do they want? "Aye nigga...get the door.", I said. "Fuck no. This ain't my fucking house. You betta get yo ass up and get the door while you at.", Dalvin said. "But you in my house though and since you don't pay my bills in this damn house...you can get the door.", I said. "No nigga.", Dalvin said. "Fine hoe. I'll get the door but you ain't no food from THIS house.", I said. After I said that, Dalvin looked at me and ran up to the door. "I'm getting some food in this bitch.", Dalvin said. either way this nigga was never getting food from my house lol. Dalvin opened the door and a small little white lady was in front of him. "Umm...hello. Is Mr. DeGrate in there?", the lady asked. "Uhh..yeah. Do you want me to go and get him for you, ma'am?", Dalvin said. "Yes, young man. Thank you so much.", she said. "Yo De, there's a lady out there for you.", he said. "Alright hoe. ", I said. I got up from my chair and walked towards the front door. I couldn't tell who the lady was until I was in front of her. It was neighbor, Mrs. Telly. 

 "Hey Mrs. Telly, how you been?", I said. "Hi Donald, I've been fine.", she said. "My brother, Dalvin, said you wanted to see me?", I asked. "Oh yes. I almost forgot. For some odd reason, I keep getting your mail.", she said. yeah i let her call me donald but don't worry she not racist or rude. she cool. "How long have you been getting my mail?", I asked her. "I think it's been many weeks. I've been wanting to tell you but I've always forget until now.", she said. I was so happy and relieved. I'm glad that I wasn't right. I sighed and said, "I was wondering why my mail didn't come yet.", I said. She chuckled and dug into her purse to look for something. Seconds later, she pulled out so many letters, bills and magazines. damn that's all my shit?

"Well here you go, Donald. This is all of your mail.", Mrs. Telly said. "Oh thanks, Mrs. Telly. You just don't know how excited to see my mail.", I said. "I think I do because you're smiling again....It's been a VERY long time since I've seen you smile, Donald.", she said. "I know. I'm trying to go back to be myself again.", I said while looking down at my mail. "Well...I think I like this Donald better than the old one. You should stay like this and smile more often.", she said. "Well, I'm going to let you go through your mail in peace and silence and I'll let you know if I keep getting your mail.", she added. "Okay. Thanks again, Mrs. Telly.", I said. After that, she turned around and started walking off and I closed the door. Dalvin looked at me. "The fuck you looking at?", I asked. "I'm looking at you, Donald.", Dalvin said. "Alright Ertimus. Don't get fucked up.", I said. "Nigga you not finna do shit.", he said. "I'll knock yo ass out.", I said. "Do some nigga.", Dalvin said. "Nigga, you not even worth my damn time.", I said. I sat down on the couch in the living room and dropped all of my mail on a table. "Damn nigga. You gotta lot of fucking mail.", Dalvin said. "Wow. That's some great observation skills you got there.", I said sarcastically. I looked through my mail and Dalvin hoe ass helped me. Bill. Bill. Bill. Some shit I don't want. Bill. aha. here it go. "I think I found a letter.", Dalvin said. "Do you think you found a letter or you know you found a letter?", I asked. "I know I found a letter. Someone wrote you a letter too.", he said. "Who is it from?", I asked. "Here. Just read it.", Dalvin said while giving me the letter. The letter had a smell to it and it wasn't like no bad smell. It was a sweet, feminine smell...the letter smells like cotton candy and fruits. I looked at the front of the letter to see who wrote me the letter. yo.....Zhen wrote me a letter. Let's just hope that it's a good one.