And the fanmail continues

Two days later, Zhen got more and more curious about the old interviews, fan mail competitions, and the pictures.

Zhen's POV
I sat on a magenta-pinkish chair,which is my favorite chair, in my parent's house. My interest kept growing and growing as I kept flipping and reading through the pages. I can't believe mom and dad kept these live ass magazines in the attic all these years. "Zhen, can you come here, please?", my mom yelled. "Why are you yelling? And ok I'm coming", I yelled back. I knew my mom was in her room because she always yells in there for some odd reason. I grabbed the magazine I reading and kept it on the page I was on

   and I went to her room

and I went to her room. My mom's rook was cozy and comfortable. She had mullions of pictures of famous people her and dad met on her walls. She had alot of Egyptian artifacts and decorations on her dressers. Her walls were painted light to dark brown. She had a king size bed and a carpet that matched with the walls. Mom's room always gave me "stress free and relaxation" vibes. "Zhen...Zhen...ZHEN NA FANG I know you hear me talking to you?", my mom said loudly. I snapped back into reality and gave her a confused but focus look. "Sorry Mom, I was zoning out by your artifacts again", I said. She gave me a blank face after I said that."Well I'm glad you're done staring at my stuff for five minutes, but I wanted to ask you something", she said. I laid the magazine I was reading on her dresser near her bed and I sat on her bed with her. "What do you have to ask me?", I said with a serious and concerned look on my face. "I wanted to ask you did you burritos or fried shrimp tonight?", she said. I gave her an irritated look on my face.

"What? Why you looking at me like that?, she said being clueless

"What? Why you looking at me like that?, she said being clueless. "Oh I don't know, I thought you was gonna ask something serious.", I said. "That was serious. I just want to know what I have to pull out of the freezer", she said. After she said that I grabbed the magazine and went back to reading. My mom started to chuckle. "What's funny?", I said turning my head around back to her. "I thought you would be done by now with the magazines", she said. "Why say that?", I asked. " 'Cuz you never finish what you started", Mom said. "I do finish things that I start", i said."Remember you wanted to learn how to play the violin and you took the classes but you never finished?", she asked me. "Only cuz the teacher was rude and stayed talking about how 'I needed more time to develop'", I said. "Because you did need more time to practice", Mom said. "I was the best violinist in that group she taught", I said with pride in the chest. "You was the 3rd best violinist after those two freckled face twins were placed 1st and 2nd best.", she said. I stayed silent for awhile. "........you couldn't just let me ride that little lie out?", I said. "Of course not, I can't let you believe you were great in something when you clearly wasn't given the talent to do. And your grandma told me to tell the truth", she said while laughing at me. "Remember when I tried to teach you how to swim and you said the pool was too deep for you?", she asked me. "That pool was too deep", I said. My mom gave me a "really nigga" look. "The pool was 3 feet deep and you was 5'3 when I was teaching you. Now you're 5'9 and 1/2 feet tall. You was always taller than the pool. The pool was not fucking deep.", she said with an annoyed tone in her voice. "Ok ok but I get the point", I said while laughing at the facts she was spitting to me. "But Mom, this is something completely different from anything else I was ever interested in. I feel like something weird is gonna happen from this", I said. "Like weird in a good way or weird in a bad way?", Mom asked me in a serious tone. "I don't know but whatever it is I feel like I can benefit from these old magazines and pictures.", I said. Mom looked at me like she was trying to read me. "I think I know the perfect person we can go to with this weird feeling or whatever it is you got", Mom said while looking at me. "Granddad?", I asked. "Yup Granddad", Mom said. "Do we really have to go to him for this weird feeling? You know I don't like those bloody red cards or skeleton bottles he has.", I said looking doubtful. "I know but you'll be alright. He's kinda physic.", Mom said trying to assure me that it'll be fine. "Kinda? Is he physic all the way or not?", I asked. "I don't know, that's why I said kinda", she said while humping her shoulders. "Well....we can go to him next week. I wanna get back to my house and feed my kids.", I said. "Those ugly cats can survive without for one more day." Mom sharply said. "Why you gotta call them ugly? Just because they have different patterns and ages doesn't men they're ugly." I said. "It's not that. It's that you really have bad taste on good looking animals." Mom said. I bust out laughing loud. "Don't be calling my cats ugly. They are beautiful and precious.", I said while I was still laughing. "To you. Don't let your dad fool you when he says "Beauty is the eye of the beholder" cuz you gotta be one blind ass beholder to really love those cats.", she said. I was still laughing because it's true my cats are ugly. I couldn't even front anymore when she said that. She started shaking her head and laughing just as I was. Sorry Honey and Sephora y'all are ugly but mommy still loves you lol.

So what did y'all think about my POV change? Do you like or nah? And what do y'all think Zhen's granddad is? Do y'all think he's crazy or is Zhen just exaggerating?