78

joey

i woke up around 7 am in the morning. i opened my eyes slowly and see rowan sleeping in my arms. she had her head rested slightly on top of my shoulder while her arm was lazy wrapped around me.

i smiled and kissed her head softly. i tried taking her arm off me so i can get up but all she did was pull me closer. i chuckled a bit. "princess i have to get up."

"nooo." she mumbled with a frown. "i want you to cuddle me instead."

"alright let's cuddle then." i pull her closer to me, wrapping my arms tightly around her. she giggled and buried her face in the crook of my neck.

i was starting to get frustrated about thinking about how i could propose to her. i could literally do it right now and pull out the ring, but i wanted it to be special, more special than the first time we did it.

we stayed like this until around 9 am. we both ended up falling asleep. we got up and showered together. no we did not fuck while we were in there.

i walked into the dining room with her. everyone was already in there eating breakfast. i noticed that leo and roman were finally sitting down next to each other after a long time. they've been through so much this past year so i'm hoping everything is going well for them.

i take a seat next to angelica. "good morning dad." she smiled at me. "did you love moms birthday gift?" she asked as she shoved a forkful of eggs into her mouth.

"which one? the one where she got him chains or fucked him all night and missed the cake?" leo smirked at me. "i hope you used protection. i don't anyone wants another mini rowan or mini joey running around."

"i do!" angelica said excitedly.

"please, no." santiago shook his head and ate his strawberry.

rowans cheeks turned a light shade of pink. i rolled my eyes and chuckle.

"you and your damn babies." soph mumbled. "i'm jealous." she frowned.

mark rubbed her shoulder softly and kissed her temple. "don't worry, we can always adopt one baby."

"i still can't believe you two ended up together." roman shook her head.

mark shrugged. "it just happened."

soph nods. "i actually always thought he was cute since high school."

mark gasped. "really? you could've told me. i could've avoided the whole rowan thing."

rowan rolled her eyes. "trust me, i'm disgusted too."

"plus, you always had your eyes on joey." mark says. "it's not like anyone could've actually made you move on from him."

hunter nods. "that's true, i was one of them."

i heard my phone ring. i took it out and see augusto's name on the screen.

"excuse me." i stood up and walked out of the dining room. i walk into my office and answer his call.

"que paso, augusto?" i asked him.
( what's up, augusto? )

"mauricio y reina estarán en la ciudad hoy, es mejor que no te retires"
( mauricio and reina will be in town today, you better not be backing out )