51

✔️ edited

joey

i looked at myself in the mirror. the dark circles under my eyes made me look like a raccoon. i unbuttoned my shirt and took it off revealing the tattoos that covered my arms and body. i stared at my old scar through the mirror i had given myself the time i tried attempting to kill myself. it was on the day of rowans death. it had been three years since i lost her.

i couldn't handle the pain anymore so i tried doing the stupidest thing i've ever done, but i'm glad i didn't. if i did then that would've meant i wouldn't have been able to spend more time with my two kids. losing rowan was already he's enough, i didn't wanna lose them too.

"joey?" i heard a voice come from my room. i grabbed my shirt and walked out of the bathroom. i raised my brow when i see delia standing there looking at the pictures hung up on the wall.

"can i help you?" i asked her. she jumped and turned around when she saw me standing there. i noticed her eyes trail down my body, but i was too unimpressed to care.

"leo was asking for you, he says he needs your help." she gulped before looking back at me. i chuckled and nodded. "i'll be there in a bit." i slip on my shirt again and button it up before walking back in the bathroom. i heard footsteps walk out of my room so i'm guessing she left.

i open the mirror and grab the bottle of my medication. i take some pills out and put them in a small baggy then put my pills away. i know i told angelica that i was taking my medication, but truth is i wasn't. those pills made me feel like shit. i didn't wanna hide how i was feeling or try numbing the pain so i went to the one person who needed them more which was leo.

leo has been having a tough time lately. roman and him have been fighting more often than they should and he also lost his mother last year in a car accident. i felt really bad for him so i did what any drug dealer would do and that's to give him my pills.

i've been filling and refilling my prescription to make everyone think i've been taking them, but instead i've been giving them to leo. it's been going on for months now. no one knows this, not even roman which is why we've been keeping it a secret.

i slip the baggy in my pocket and head over to leo's and roman's room. leo was laying there on the bed hugging a pillow. he looked over at me and shot his head up a bit. i walk up to him and sit down next to him. i take out the baggy and hand it to him.

"ugh, thank you." he sat up a bit and took the baggy out of my hands and opened it up almost immediately before popping two pills in his house.

i chuckle a bit. "don't you ever feel like quitting?"

he shook his head. "i can't quit, if i do then i'll go through withdrawal and get fucking sick. plus i need this, if roman ever found out i got myself a prescription then he'd get worried and i don't want him to be especially after he-"

"yeah i know." i interrupt him. "i'm sorry you had to go through that, he shouldn't have cheated on you."

he looked down. "it doesn't matter now. he told me he stopped getting in touch with him. i'm just not sure if i could trust him again." he mumbled.

i frown and wrap my arm around him. he leans his head against my chest and sighs. "i wish rowan was here." he says. "she'd know what to do and she'd know how to help."

i nod, rubbing his shoulder softly. "yeah, she's amazing like that."

"what's going on?" i look up and see roman standing by the door. leo grabs the pills and shoves them inside the pocket of his hoodie. i pull my hand away and shook my head as i stood up.